Dee & Beaver lake

Doug

I will be fishing the Dee/Beaver lake area next week. Any suggestions on which lake in the area I should fish and what is the best gear. I have an ATV so I can go almost anywhere.

http://www.deelakeresort.com/?p=chain_map See google earth for a more realistic map.

Beaver and Dee are stocked more than the others. I like Lost, Doreen and Wilma. Have fished Island, Fly 1+ 2, Echo, Aberdeen, Haddo and Island. They are all okay.
I go to White or Sawmill for a larger trout experience.

If your looking for peace and quiet try one of the ones without easy access on your atv. Be prepared for atvs, motorbikes, target practise, and chainsaws to spoil the peace and quiet. Watch out for steers.

Some have special fly only and/or possession limits.

This time of year chironomids, then leeches, then attractors like Spratleys. You may see some water boatman activity.
Beaver and Dee resorts sell flies and will give some tips.

small dodger with wedding band and worm or dodger with flatfish work well too. Use a tomic spoon for a dodger. Gang trolls work for barbarians.

Thanks Tubber

I decided to try to fish Dee Lake but after leaving 2 voice mail at the lodge to call me back and finally on the third day call I talked with the owner who said they got my nessages but they have no boats, I was a little POed they didn`t call me back so I could make other arrangments. Hopefully I can get a boat at Beaver lake.

In our charter buisness we call everyone back ASAP and provide suggestion and options, booked or not. It has built us a great return client list and you never know who will start writing reports or articals on one of the many web sites about your buisness performance.

Any suggestions on a walk in lake I can fish from shore with a float

Beaver will have boats. I've never fished from shore anywhere up there, but it can be done at most of them. Some are fly only. A bobber at Wilma would work.

Back