Deadly Cowichan Jam

• Thread starter Thread starter Gord March
  • Start date Start date
G

Gord March

There is a killer log jam at the bible camp.
When I say killer I don`t mean cool, I mean it will kill you.
Drifting the river yesterday I came up to it and saw the deadlyest log jam i have ever seen in all my years.
When you aproach it you will see the river start to boil heavyer and then you will see the water crashing onto the jam and splashing skyward. The white spray is thick and about 30 foot accross. Look close and you will see logs and stumps going all directions in there.

To get around it, app. 30m up stream on the south side of the river
there is a opening cut between the logs which is very noticable, pull into it then you will have to drag your boat 5m over a gravel bar, and then you can go behind the jam.

After that I don`t know of any other major jams.

Gord

Thanks for the heads up...now back to the steel question of the day,,,how did you and Gibran do....was the 7 up rule in effect,,,would love to see the catch [^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Hey thanks Mark,,,have you been getting out?? I saw the picture up at Goed's Cowichan Lake Fly and Tackle earlier today....what a bute eh!!!
[^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

hey no problem, yeah beauty chrome bullet, I was out the same day those guys went out, hooked and lost about a 15lb iron, somewhere near sandy..
Looking to get out this morning again. :)

HEY MARK...if theres a sivler 92 Chev Blazer parked in front of Gords shop stop in and we can chat about beatin up on the NIT...

HEY MARK...if theres a sivler 92 Chev Blazer parked in front of Gords shop stop in and we can chat about beatin up on the NIT...

Back