custom kicker bracket / small pod (lowermainland)

PinkDink

Anyone know somewhere to buy a solid one piece kicker bracket / small pod or have one built in the lower mainland? I have a 17'6 double eagle and with my kicker on the transom theres not enough room for full turning capabilities from the kicker so i have to mount it out a few inches out off the transom. From what ive seen most guys use a standard adjustable kicker bracket. Im not sure I trust those brackets with a 9.9 four stroke on it and its a full controls power tilt motor so I dont really want to use a regular kicker bracket. Anyone know where to buy a premade pod or solid bracket in the lower mainland or if anyone else has ever dealt with this problem on double eagles even better. Thanks

I don’t have a double eagle but I made my own bracket similar to what you are describing. I only wish that I had the option to mount my kicker on the transom like you did. I have the opposite problem of you I guess. I have a threaded bar connecting the two engines to each other, and the further back the kicker goes, the less turning radius you get. Keep that in mind. Keep the pivot points of each motor as close to in line as possible or else you lose the turning radius at full-lock turn

Last edited:
This is the closest I could get my kicker to the transom with the tiller handle still clearing the transom when the kicker is tilted. But it makes the tie-bar that connects to the main have a brutal angle so it loses leverage when I turn all the way to the right, and almost binds when I turn all the way to the left. I really wish my boat had an area to mount a kicker like the DE does.

Can you shorten your tie bar a bit to make the kicker already want to go in the direction that you want it to go while your main is straight?

Attachments

• A34041AB-2820-4BD1-983E-5093FAD8DDF5.png
    A34041AB-2820-4BD1-983E-5093FAD8DDF5.png
    786.6 KB · Views: 44
This is the closest I could get my kicker to the transom with the tiller handle still clearing the transom when the kicker is tilted. But it makes the tie-bar that connects to the main have a brutal angle so it loses leverage when I turn all the way to the right, and almost binds when I turn all the way to the left. I really wish my boat had an area to mount a kicker like the DE does.

Can you shorten your tie bar a bit to make the kicker already want to go in the direction that you want it to go while your main is straight?
The tiebar steering isnt the problem its going to be remote steering .Ya the transom style on the double eagle looks great but if you put a kicker motor on it you start to see theres not enough room the problem is the space is so limited that as soon as the kicker starts turning it hits the side of the boat. Theres enough room to leave the kicker straight and use the main as a rudder but thats not really ideal. I just need a bracket to get the kicker out off the transom.

Back