craigslist 17.5 double eagle

Hull looks in good shape from the photos, although what's with the location of the transom drain? Is that where they were located on the older hulls? Also I think it's probably a little under powered with a 75hp, and over priced at $8K.

Way over priced! I believe that 75hp isn't at the prop on that older model, I could be wrong. My DE is older than that one and the drain plug is in the centre but that said when I re powered mine to a 115hp merc from a old 70hp Evinrude (less than 65hp at the prop an way under powered), the merc mounting frame was longer and obstructed the access to the drain hole on the outside of the hull. So, not wanting to put more holes in the hull I now have to access the drain hole through the bilge under the engine well. It's a pain in the butt.

Is this really a 17.5 ft or a 16ft. I know the ad says 17.5ft, but so many times I've gone to look at 17.5ft Double Eagle according to the ad only to find out it's a 16ft.

Is this really a 17.5 ft or a 16ft.

LOA is actually 17'-1" not 17.5' like the ad claims. Lot's of sellers miss-quote this. I think the confusion is because the model name is a "176." You can tell it's a 17 and not 16 by the much higher free board.

Back