Crab cam

Cool video! Brings back memories of the first time I ever went crabbing was when I was under training and our ship pulled up into Prince Rupert. Alongside I was the "Officer of the day" and one of the bosns asked me "Sir, can we launch the ship's boat to drop crab traps?" I was like "there are crabs here?", a few of the crew took me out crabbing (a few of them hand licenses) and I was shocked at how much and how big they were. We used simple box traps like the one in your video and they were full.

It was such a great introduction to crabbing!

Cool video! Brings back memories of the first time I ever went crabbing was when I was under training and our ship pulled up into Prince Rupert. Alongside I was the "Officer of the day" and one of the bosns asked me "Sir, can we launch the ship's boat to drop crab traps?" I was like "there are crabs here?", a few of the crew took me out crabbing (a few of them hand licenses) and I was shocked at how much and how big they were. We used simple box traps like the one in your video and they were full.

It was such a great introduction to crabbing!
Thank you! That is an awesome into to crabbing! It's pretty sweet how close to town we can get crab here!

Back