Cougar Creek Forestry Rec Site - Nootka Sound

The main dock was re-decked last summer. Cypress Creek Logging donated 6 gently used docks this year and will be added on as 2 fingers once the rest of the materials arrive (shipping delays) There is a new breakwater installed this year that runs from point to point so mindfull of the new location when approaching.

The real question is... are the fish on the inside yet. Too soon?
It’s way too soon for salmon to be inside. Maybe the occasional relatively small feeder spring, but certainly nothing serious. They start moving inside in good numbers sometime after the first week of July. Should be a fair number on the outside along the rocks though...

It’s way too soon for salmon to be inside. Maybe the occasional relatively small feeder spring, but certainly nothing serious. They start moving inside in good numbers sometime after the first week of July. Should be a fair number on the outside along the rocks though...
Oh I know. I was just being cheeky. Seems like someone is always asking “are they on the inside yet”. Way too early now. I am up there mid June each year and the light house and other spots within 1nm of surfline hold fish. Buddy of mine hooked a nice one at camel though when it was too rough to fish outside, so the very odd one trickles in early for a sniff.

i haven’t stayed there in years. is it kosher to sleep on your boat? last time i was there ppl were rafted three wide. that was it for me

i haven’t stayed there in years. is it kosher to sleep on your boat? last time i was there ppl were rafted three wide. that was it for me
I havent been for a couple years but usually get a campsite to park the truck at and sleep on the boat. Makes the 4am starts with a kid easier.. He has played more Tyee in his PJ's than most men have caught. !

Attachments

• IMG-20120815-00139.jpg
    IMG-20120815-00139.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 89
I havent been for a couple years but usually get a campsite to park the truck at and sleep on the boat. Makes the 4am starts with a kid easier.. He has played more Tyee in his PJ's than most men have caught. !
Atta boy!! nice and close to CC i bet! All my years fishing my biggest is 27. i caught two in one morning after the slot limit came in effect. both on plugs. one was pushing 40 but had to watch them swim away. ah well. slot sized are tastier anyway

Back