Cottages for sale in Port Renfrew

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

Too late , can't stop progress...
Have you been in the "new hotel" ?? pretty much lacks any kind
of small town pub atmosphere.
We used to stay at the original cabin (Alcatraz) for cheap,
now there's a bunch of high end cottages that go for $400 a night.

I wouldn't call them "high end" They are small little shacks on a nice bit of real esate. And, everytime I've been to the new hotel, my server it seems wouldn't know the right way to sit on a toilet seat, let alone the first thing about working in a service environment. I could go on and on with stories, god knows I tried to spend enough time there last year LOL.

Sounds like all the plans for Merritt with the Active Mountain Group who runs the festival. Lots of plans, condos, golf course even a NASCAR type raceway. They had the ground turning several years ago, actually started building homes, but nothing is really happenening, lots of talk. Ruining the Coldwater River as well. Now they are chaging the Music Fest so that they can draw a more sophisticated crowd, they dont want the kids and the one day ticket buyers! They want all the old farts with big money and RV'S. I hope they lose their shirts, but I know it does bring a big profit to the Merritt community! For some it is their year all in two weeks. Soo...?

The new Pub and cabins etc were developed by a Calgary based consortium.
Met the advance guard from that bunch 2 years ago.

AL

NickN....Gorbie...there's a term I haven't heard in a while...lol

Back