Costco Inflatables Question

Truck camper? My 8 footer is pretty big rolled up for my camper. I’m thinking of putting it up on the roof rack. It fits though the door and takes up most of the floor I put it inside.
Yeah truck camper. I have a hitch mount cargo rack that it should fit in while travelling

the Costco one is around 3’ x 18” x 1’ when it’s boxed up apparently.

I have been looking at it for the same idea but I am not a big fan of the inflatable floor.

I have a buddy with one that’s a couple years old, he tells me it’s a ok. Get what you pay for kind of idea.

I have been looking at it for the same idea but I am not a big fan of the inflatable floor.

I have a buddy with one that’s a couple years old, he tells me it’s a ok. Get what you pay for kind of idea.
The Costco one says it’s a rigid floor

Grr, I guess I should have read the box. When it was in the store they didn’t have the floor in it.

Attachments

• B345C5ED-767A-4A8C-9BE8-B559111B58EA.png
    B345C5ED-767A-4A8C-9BE8-B559111B58EA.png
    984.2 KB · Views: 116
I phoned a Costco and they said they don't have any on order so won't have any more for the rest of the year. I guess I got to pay full pop for one on the website.

I had a Costco inflatable for a couple of years. Was a different manufacturer Hydroforce and was 12ft. It was quite a bit of work to get it back into that bag and the bag would be irregular shape compared to first opening. But always managed to jam it into travel trailer storage or back of pickup. The pieces to the floor would be stored separately as they'd be impossible to get back in bag. I think it'll work for your camper storage unit. But the thing was always quite a bit of work and weight to assemble and take apart, not something you'd want to do that often. Eventually I got a little trailer for it!

I had a Costco inflatable for a couple of years. Was a different manufacturer Hydroforce and was 12ft. It was quite a bit of work to get it back into that bag and the bag would be irregular shape compared to first opening. But always managed to jam it into travel trailer storage or back of pickup. The pieces to the floor would be stored separately as they'd be impossible to get back in bag. I think it'll work for your camper storage unit. But the thing was always quite a bit of work and weight to assemble and take apart, not something you'd want to do that often. Eventually I got a little trailer for it!
Yes I imagine they are like a cheap camping tent where it is next to impossible to get back into the bag properly haha. I still think it’s my best bet for a portable boat and not towing a camper. I have an 8 horse Yamaha and a minn Kota that are begging to be used so I’m purchasing a boat to suit those motors.

Canadian tire has a plastic Jon boat for $1000 which would fit all my needs but I’d have to get it on the roof of the camper and it would block the solar panel.

How long does it take to pump these things up with the hand pump that comes with it? I’m guessing everyone buys a battery powered pump after doing it once?

How long does it take to pump these things up with the hand pump that comes with it? I’m guessing everyone buys a battery powered pump after doing it once?
You nailed it! A 20 minute workout doing it by hand, gets old fast. A good battery powered pump helps to deflate it too, you really want to vacuum the air out to get it back in the bag. I had a Merc 9.9 with mine that worked well.

But again, the work required to get it all to waters edge, inflate and assemble, then haul that 9.9 motor into the water onto the transom - then do it all in reverse when you're ready to pack up - it gets old quick; which is why I ended up getting a trailer for it after the first year. From then on I only bagged it if I couldn't bring the trailer for some other reason (eg hauling something else). The Minn Kota worked well with it and much lighter to set up . Good luck, and have fun!

I ordered the inflatable despite your advice haha. It’ll be nice for when I need it and I don’t mind some setup time while I’m chilling on the beach.

Back