Cost to Weld 3 inches on Thunderjet

Howesound

hello Team,

We hit the Portside of the transom on our 22 ft Thunderjet and it caused a small hole of about 2-3 inches near the top of the boat. As I understand, the aluminium needs to be hammered back in place and it needs to be repainted there. Could anyone tell me or ballpark what the average cost of this should be?

I hope this isn't the wrong question to ask - so please let me know if there is a different forum for it. thanks a ton!
1718903724426.jpeg

Thanks a lot Ryan! Do you know where I could get a quote for something like this?
We used to have an aluminum wizard out here in Chilliwack but he's not doing it anymore. Most metal fabrication shops will have an aluminum guy and you'll just have to call around to find one willing to work on a boat. With the new Fords out there should be more body shops comfortable painting alm as well.

Its not their specialty but Metallica Metal Fabrication in Burnaby are a good shop, and I have had good experience dealing with them for both work and personal projects. Might be worth giving them a call and seeing if they can help with the welding. Don’t think they will do paint though.

If you’re going to want that paint blended and colour matched you’re going to have to take that to a professional, likely an automotive body shop

Wow thanks for the feedback team! I'm talking to a few welders but none seem to want to paint as well. May need to find a separate painter for the job!

Yeah, I'd expect that you'll have to find a separate paint shop if you want the paint touched up.

For welding on the North Shore try these guys:

Back