Cool Mercury video

Sculpin

I thought this was a cool and interesting video. Those suspension seats are unreal!!! The guy is from Victoria, B.C..

[NpHfsVKqb6E] http://youtu.be/NpHfsVKqb6E

thats mental!!!...looks like the cabin/pilothouse has its own suspension system as well...some nasty hits!!

Yeah, full suspension console!!! I have never seen that before. I thought it was a really cool story about that guy from Vic.

Talk about getting out to the fishing grounds first. WOW.

Cool vid. I think that was the Saltery bay ferry at the beginning. I think they were testing in tahsis a few years ago.

Wow! 8000 miles in 300 hours. Even with the "fuel efficient" Mercury motors, I have a feeling the fuel burn for that single trip equates to the fuel burn for many years of fishing for me.

That video and what those guys did is incredible! I was near speachless at the distance and conditions travelled. Some of those waves were F'n rediculous. Regardless of the equipment used, that takes a pair. I was disappointed it was only 5min long

That video and what those guys did is incredible! I was near speachless at the distance and conditions travelled. Some of those waves were F'n rediculous. Regardless of the equipment used, that takes a pair. I was disappointed it was only 5min long

Agreed. It would make an awesome full length Documentary. I know the camera man (Cody, a local Langford guy who founded Media One) who shot the journey and he said it was a life changing trip. The secluded villages and people were amazing. They ate the traditional foods up there (Seal eye dessert) and even got to go on traditional sea mammal hunts with the locals.
I’m going to drop him a line and see if there is a longer version available......

Agreed. It would make an awesome full length Documentary. I know the camera man (Cody, a local Langford guy who founded Media One) who shot the journey and he said it was a life changing trip. The secluded villages and people were amazing. They ate the traditional foods up there (Seal eye dessert) and even got to go on traditional sea mammal hunts with the locals.
I’m going to drop him a line and see if there is a longer version available......

That does sound like a life changing trip!. Really cool to be able to do something like that. If there is a longer version I would really enjoy seeing it.

Back