Commuting to Sooke?

Terry,here's a compromise stay in town & park the rig @ Cheanuh Lol...that way you'd have the best of both worlds...sammy

Wow, bugger-off for a few hours an' all hell breaks loose. Thanks you guys for all your input.

Gotta' digest this... gotta' get smaller tools so I can carry'em on the bus; you already live in Gorge area and hate it (50ft wide lot, sick of listening to the ****-movie auditions outside my bedroom window at all hours from the one side and can't crank my old Zepplin albums for fear of pissing off the one on the other side), doorway to the great outdoors sounds appealing; driving an extra hour or more each day don't; but you are self-employed so you could start later and work later? Metchosin would be a good compromise I think. More money though.

A-a-a-a-a-g-g-g-g-h-h-h-h-h!

Hey Little Hawk , Not knockin Sooke , but Metchosin is WAY warmer and protected from the westerlies in the summer and generally clear of fog in Fogaust when everything else is socked in.

Either way I envy you!

beemer

The only ppl I see knocking Sooke are the people that don't live here ;):D

By the way..... Did I mention we are full? :cool:

O-ya one bash i do have with Sooke is the Taxes.. Just bought in Saanich and the taxes are not much more. In Sooke i got no garbage pick-up and no sewer as of yet as it was in the plans. When the sewer goes in it would of increased the valve of the property, but wait they would just increase the property tax again. The property tax went up 40% in 5 yrs. I know a couple of people that sold like i did just to get out of Sooke and into CRD or else were just because of poor services. Again i will look at Sooke when i am ready to retire, its a great place to live not just yet. I can always drive to the great fishing grounds of Sooke like tomorrow morning !!

Well CRD is not the answer my buddiy who is on the in between metchosion and east sooke and under CRD rules he has 5 acres but for him to build a new shop there is soooooo many hight,width,lenth restrictions its sad!!!!!! he has 5 acres wheich is all wooded and in no way see a neighbor yet hes not alllowed to build his dream shop because of CRD, where i am in the sassenos area got the go ahead i can have a shop 53 ft high if i wanted and any size.

So you know what every where has its good a bad, like someone said shawnigan to vic isnt bad well thats your choice until a fuel truck closes the road for days. or too much snow closes it like many times last year the commute only gets bad when you hit colwood same as coming from the malahat.
And ive timed it from my place to the RCMP in langford is exaclly 14 mins and thats about as far as i go because everything i need is there costco,canadain tire,tim hortons etc LOL LOL.
So its all in what you want you have to ask yourself one thing .....IS THERE REALLY A "PERFECT" LOCATION?????? NO NOT REALLY....humans as a whole want in THERE opinion the best. becasue we all are materialistic you may think you are not but we all are......

Wolf

Well CRD is not the answer my buddiy who is on the in between metchosion and east sooke and under CRD rules he has 5 acres but for him to build a new shop there is soooooo many hight,width,lenth restrictions its sad!!!!!! he has 5 acres wheich is all wooded and in no way see a neighbor yet hes not alllowed to build his dream shop because of CRD, where i am in the sassenos area got the go ahead i can have a shop 53 ft high if i wanted and any size.

So you know what every where has its good a bad, like someone said shawnigan to vic isnt bad well thats your choice until a fuel truck closes the road for days. or too much snow closes it like many times last year the commute only gets bad when you hit colwood same as coming from the malahat.
And ive timed it from my place to the RCMP in langford is exaclly 14 mins and thats about as far as i go because everything i need is there costco,canadain tire,tim hortons etc LOL LOL.
So its all in what you want you have to ask yourself one thing .....IS THERE REALLY A "PERFECT" LOCATION?????? NO NOT REALLY....humans as a whole want in THERE opinion the best. becasue we all are materialistic you may think you are not but we all are......

Wolf
What, no Wal-mart!
Wife and I have been looking at moving back, one stipulation from her...need a Wal-mart close by!!
Me, I need a couple of acres for my toys, a shop and not far from the water!! LOL

Still waiting to hear back from the fellow in Metchosin - possible private sale - and the good news is my neighbour is interested in buying our place.

I can feel the stars finally coming into alignment in my life - yee ha! Going fishin' soon!

What, no Wal-mart!
Wife and I have been looking at moving back, one stipulation from her...need a Wal-mart close by!!
Me, I need a couple of acres for my toys, a shop and not far from the water!! LOL

14 minutes to the cop shop........12 to the Walmart

Back