Clone (fake) Chinese props ?

zurk

Anyone tried running the cheap chinese clone / fake unbranded boat props ?
Just wanted to know how they performed compared to originals. I have yamaha K series semi cleavers which are awesome but bend easily when hitting wood etc. and those are $270 each and require a $94 repair everytime they hit something. the chinese clones sell for $90 new and seem thicker. just dont know if there are any issues running them. the clones are also semi cleaver with a slightly thicker leading edge and more thickness at the base. they have the same pressed in spline and rubber the original yamahas do. anyone ever run any fake/clone knockoff props ?

No. I have two friends with 10+ years of manufacturing experience in Asia and Quality Control is the largest issue. I personally wouldn't do it for a prop, unless it was from a super strong Chinese brand that manufactures them for one of the larger outboard brands. On the other hand, I have bought a Yamaha Tilt lift Electric Motors of US sellers made in China instead of a Yamaha and had great success at 1/6th the price.

No. I have two friends with 10+ years of manufacturing experience in Asia and Quality Control is the largest issue. I personally wouldn't do it for a prop, unless it was from a super strong Chinese brand that manufactures them for one of the larger outboard brands. On the other hand, I have bought a Yamaha Tilt lift Electric Motors of US sellers made in China instead of a Yamaha and had great success at 1/6th the price.

I used to go there, and helped set up a manufacturing line with another company, and it would surprise you. A lot 6 sigma companies are there. I doubt the props from the outboards are made here it way too expensive.

If you want an honest answer ask the guys at Vic prop. I believe the envinrude one they sold on my old motor I got was chinese?

I used to go there, and helped set up a manufacturing line with another company, and it would surprise you. A lot 6 sigma companies are there. I doubt the props from the outboards are made here it way too expensive.

If you want an honest answer ask the guys at Vic prop. I believe the envinrude one they sold on my old motor I got was chinese?

Yes, there are definitely places in China with as good or better manufacturing but if you are buying off Alibaba as a consumer you do not have the same QC QA as I'm sure you had @SpringVelocity. I would never buy an aeroplane prop or marine prop unless I knew it met manufactures specs.

Anyone tried running the cheap chinese clone / fake unbranded boat props ?
Just wanted to know how they performed compared to originals. I have yamaha K series semi cleavers which are awesome but bend easily when hitting wood etc. and those are $270 each and require a $94 repair everytime they hit something. the chinese clones sell for $90 new and seem thicker. just dont know if there are any issues running them. the clones are also semi cleaver with a slightly thicker leading edge and more thickness at the base. they have the same pressed in spline and rubber the original yamahas do. anyone ever run any fake/clone knockoff props ?
For 90 bucks it is worth a try. I would take it and get it balanced before using and your prop shop can tell you the quality and accuracy of the pitch.

For 90 bucks it is worth a try. I would take it and get it balanced before using and your prop shop can tell you the quality and accuracy of the pitch.
I was going to say it's nothing a prop shop couldn't check for you. And at that price you can buy a spare.

I am presently using a prop made in China and have used it for two years. No vibration, perhaps not as efficient as little or no cup in the blades. Only problem so far is some paint is coming off in the centre hub, oddly though none on the blades.

Back