Canada To US Boat Transaction

Hello all,

I’m in Seattle and found a boat in Vancouver I’d like to purchase but with COVID restrictions am limited to sight unseen. Looking for any suggestions for a good service shop that I could have do an inspection (33’ pursuit with 2018 Yamaha 300s) and a transport/ broker who can handle the financial transaction and transport.

any suggestions / recommendations of company’s you trust?

sent a pm for a broker reference, this sounds like the 33 pursuit that has been for sale on the island...

Last edited:
@BCI do you know this boat? You seem to know big boats lol

There was a couple 3370s / 33s with repower 300s and new electronics in our local waters. I like the 3370 because the beam isn't too wide thereby making for a fast fuel efficient hull. Cockpit is a bit smaller because of the beam when compared to a Grady 330 or a Pursuit 345, but big enough. Easier to tow, fast, fuel efficient, etc. I am not sure on this specific boat and if it was me I'd hire a good surveyor to go take lots of pictures and make sure it looks clean and doesn't have any musty scent etc.

I just brought in an American Tug 485 sight unseen from La Conner WA into Canada - used an accredited surveyor and mechanical inspection and asked them to guarantee me it didn't smell like wet dog or stale cigarette smoke. Always nerve wracking to commit however in this case it turned out to be a really really nice clean boat.

If you need a dual citizen transport captain (in water, not over road) I have a couple contacts I'd be happy to share.

I also know of a Pursuit 385 that just arrived in Vancouver waters that's for sale with twin F350s and a kicker between the mains for a very fair price.

Everyone I know who's had a 3370 love the balance of size, speed, performance. Never owned one myself but I wish that I did.

Im looking at a boat in Washington the transaction is us boat to canada. With covid closures i dont know how id get it done and up here. If no border closure id just run with a friend down and drive it back on the water its not too far. Any advice on cross border transaction perhaps they drive it to border an authorized person drives and grabs it and i pickup on cad side? Any contacts?

Back