Canada Day

I've lived and worked in Australia, England, Scotland, USA, and Canada. Not a coincidence or fluke of birth that I chose BC and Canada as my forever place. The mountains and lakes and beavers and moose are wonderful and all, but Canada is much, much more. This is a society and a system that does its best for its people, more honestly than anywhere I've lived.

Move beyond the individuals involved in the system of government and go to the core. Our Constitution and the Charter within it does a better job of balancing the rights and freedoms of individuals with the wellbeing of the community than anything else I've seen. More can be done to make Canada even better, but what it already is makes me very proud.

Canada-Day-Celebrations-Exciting-Events-Unveiled-Nationwide.jpg

I've lived and worked in Australia, England, Scotland, USA, and Canada. Not a coincidence or fluke of birth that I chose BC and Canada as my forever place. The mountains and lakes and beavers and moose are wonderful and all, but Canada is much, much more. This is a society and a system that does its best for its people, more honestly than anywhere I've lived.

Move beyond the individuals involved in the system of government and go to the core. Our Constitution and the Charter within it does a better job of balancing the rights and freedoms of individuals with the wellbeing of the community than anything else I've seen. More can be done to make Canada even better, but what it already is makes me very proud.
Back in April, I pulled into a gas station behind a pickup with an upside down Canadian flag hanging in the rack behind the cab.
After pumping gas for a minute or two, I had to say something.
I should have expressed some of the sentiments in your post, but alas the best I could muster was to tell him head south and keep going once he got to the border.

Back in April, I pulled into a gas station behind a pickup with an upside down Canadian flag hanging in the rack behind the cab.
After pumping gas for a minute or two, I had to say something.
I should have expressed some of the sentiments in your post, but alas the best I could muster was to tell him head south and keep going once he got to the border.
As the song says, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone "
We're extremely lucky here on the west coast.
Happy Canada day. 🇨🇦 🎣🚣‍♂️🌈🌄

Here's something for hockey fans to celebrate this Canada Day: Team Canada has won gold at the Worlds!!! Yes, you heard that right, we are repeat champions at the World Ball Hockey Championships, hosted this year by Switzerland.

My nephew Bill Marshall seen here in the celebrations following their 3-2 OT win.

FB_IMG_1719848170482.jpg

Back