Can anyone recommend someone for replacing boat glass in Nanaimo

jeffywestcoast

My little bomber boat needs two new front window and two back side windows, I know I know, you can only put so much lipstick on a pig, but im having alot of fun in this boat and am wanting to do this if it is not to costly.. Any help would be appreciated..IMG_2248[1].jpg

I just had the two lexan sliders made up at industrial plastics in Nanaimo for 70 bucks, not sure how to go about the other four windows because of the Aluminum roof, the other four windows are all cracked..

That's kinda what i was wondering, the glass in there now is safety glass (has membrane between 2 sheets of glass) i dont want to lose the roof as it is a godsend when extremely hot or wet weather. i imagine it will have to have rivets drilled out then replace glass then re-revit it back into place, somebody at one time spent some time custom building it out of aluminum.

Go and talk to Bert at speedy he has done a few windows in friends boats. The glass is the same as auto unless it is beveled glass and then it is special order. If he can't help you be will know who can in nanaimo.

I believe car glass also has that membrane in it....so the glass won't shatter when hit.

Glass shops will cut arbitrary pieces of glass to size......

Go and talk to Bert at speedy he has done a few windows in friends boats. The glass is the same as auto unless it is beveled glass and then it is special order. If he can't help you be will know who can in nanaimo.

Is that the speedy downtown? If so yeah I've heard lot's of boat guy's go to him.

Ya kinda wondering if i would be better off having them make it out of Lexan because i don't know history of how the cracks came in the first place, weather or not they cracked from trailerin, cuttin through the chop.. just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars only to have it repeat first bumpy ride in.. Thanks T.C. i will give them a call is that the one by woodgrove?

Lexan is pretty tough for impacts.......but be oh so careful when you are cleaning Lexan windows.......they scratch real easy.

also Lexan is a tad pricey as I recall....

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the roof cant weigh very much but i bet it had something to do with the windows cracking in the first place..Thanks for the input Sculpin ,TC and SeaFever I will call them first thing..i just had them replace my windshield in my truck a couple weeks ago..great bunch in there and i would recommend them to anyone needing autoglass.

Yah the one above HC. Bert knows his stuff when it comes to glass and maybe able to recommend an alternative if it is the roof causing the cracking. If Lexan is easily scratched would salt spray not be an issue if you are wiping an moisture off of it.
Is that the speedy downtown? If so yeah I've heard lot's of boat guy's go to him.

Lexan is expected to be replaced shortly after installing from what I have heard.

Side windows might not be so bad.

Instead of wiping the Lexan window first....instead take the garden hose spray and shoot the salt off the window first...this takes just about all the salt off.

Never use paper towels on it. Paper towels scratch.

Thanks for the tips , Casper5280 , i also saw this add for the new or used boat windows , it is a good deal but not the same size and shape. I decided to leave the windows for now untill i go back to work as i might be looking into something bigger. I found out the drilling rig i work on is not going to fire back up untill july so i am trying to limit my boat expenses to replacing all my gear in davey jones locker and boat gas.

Back