Campion boats

saanauk

Looking at a newer campion and was wondering what people thought. Seem to lack a little in fit and finish.

My brother has a Campion Explorer (outboard) a couple of years old - I think it is 18.5' or so...still the current model...it has the self draining floor and a cuddy cabin. Anyway, this is his second Campion and he bought it new after researching and looking at quite a few boats. He is using it mostly for fishing and his final choice was between a new traditional Double Eagle of the same size and the Campion. While the Double Eagle was probably a better rough water boat it had a number of rough edges and lacked the comfort and finish of the Campion. Both his boats have had no problems and both have held up well.

Incidently, the Campion was a couple grand more expensive than the Double Eagle so he got what he paid for.

Love mine and love their service.

I had a Campion 542 Explorer (2003) for 6 years before I got 2' itis and moved up to a 2101 WA Striper. The Campion was a great boat. Easy to trailer and a decent platform for fishing. Fit and finish on mine, at least, was very good. Biggest issue I had was that the Cuddy wasn't good for much other than storage.

My ol man has had one for 12 years.. 18.5 explorer.. Great lil boat.. Cuddy is great for storage.. 150 yami four stroke.. Never any problems with hull or fittings..

I just parted with my 622WA and it was an awesome boat, no complaints at all!
wouldnt hesitate to recomend 1 to anybody, only non-complaint I may have had was it only had a 50 gal fuel tank
2 foot itis got the best of me is why we parted

On my third campion now. This ones a 682 explorer with twin outboards. Absolutely love this solid/stable boat. Cheers

Back