Buying Boat Down South????

quote:Originally posted by highlights

I got my boat down south for $44,500 plus $5200.00 in taxes.
I have spent an additional 12000.00 in rigg'n her out. All in I'm at
$61,700.00
This same boat here in canada rigged the way I now have it would have cost me $105,570.00 taxes in.

Thats a savings of $43,870.00

That still aint bad for a 2007 24' Striper rigged to the tits;)

They are getting rid of all the toys down that way. Do your homework and you can find a real charmer.

I see on Used Victoria there is a 2001 19' Striper going for 37,000. There is also a 2004 26' going for $69,000. Thats a little steep yet what they are worth. Just not compared to down south.

Cheers
Vancouver boat show had a brand new Striper 2301 WA Hardtop with 250 yammi, Yami 8 horse kicker and a trailer for $58,900. No electronics but was a deal!

Yeah I was at the show as well and was very tempted. That was an excellent deal. However with all of the options I got with my boat I still saved alot more than what they had to offer.

I should also point out that the price I listed all in is not just the boat and electronics. That is all new fishing gear . Salmon and Hali including tackle, rods, reels, full anchor setup , harpoon, bouys, nets everything you can think of.

Bottom line on just the boat was 44500.00. That is still better than show price by far.

Sorry guys guess I should have clarified.

Did you win the lottery Highlights ?:D

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

LOL, sometimes it feels like it. My wife just agreed to it and I finally took the plunge. Figured I better do it right if I'm going to do it at all.

TT - I never checked, but will check this weekend, Is there something I don't know? Cause I am still having trouble with the Yamaha 8HT interfering with my Raymarine DMS 300 Sounder.
quote:Originally posted by tomictime

I know Larry..
IF I were you I would double check the rigging...for examplea all below water line hoses should be double clamped, screws bedded, tinned wire used...Osprey is sure a nice boat..

quote:Originally posted by Outtadablu

Ditto on Boat type, but we bought a new 26LC Osprey from Master Marine in Mt. Vernon, WA. Larry (Owner) was great to deal with and the have a top notch rigging crew. Also has a good web sit and he is a hardcore salmon fisherman. And he uses and what he sells. Give him a look @ mastermarine.com

Back