Bridgeview Marine pods an older Sea Ray.

That's fantastic be great to hear how this runs. I wonder what they finished it with? Clearly looks like it was painted after installation.

Those 70's searays are deadly sea boats. Great option if you're on the shorter side (head room ain't great). Go through the water like a tank. Nice looking pod but I'd agree, the mesh isn't my jam.

I'm curious why all pods aren't made the full width of the transom, would make sense to me to have more floatation. That being said , this one is done very well.

I'm curious why all pods aren't made the full width of the transom, would make sense to me to have more floatation. That being said , this one is done very well.
A properly built pod is only built to carry or displace the weight of the motor or motors. If it's too big then there is too much stern lift and won't ride right. A full width pod won't work on most set ups until you go with a far bigger hull and a lot of power on the back.

It is a balancing act. More flotation floats the stern higher, affecting handling and how the boat sits at rest. Mine is 4ft wide and could happily float another 400lbs of motors.

Looks like an old school Ukee charterboat
Norm liked his SeaRay's & I copied him. Went the I/O route for awhile then Armstrong bracket with a 250 Yamaha 2 stroke. Vastly improved every aspect of the boat's performance with a 50 mph top end.

I like the mesh; you can lash stuff to it that is light & bulky like crab pots.

Back