Brentwood Launch

Cannonball

Is anyone aware of what is going on at the Brentwood launch? There is no public access written everywhere, however it is a fully operational brand new boat ramp with no public access? All my boat launch fees of the past did not fund this? Anyone aware of when it will open to the public? IMG_0782.jpegIMG_0788.jpegIMG_0789.jpegIMG_0783.jpegIMG_0785.jpeg

They are saying that the concrete that was poured was flawed?
This was in April, and that there is some possible litigation involved.
I have seen some boats using it and it is being used by the owners, was open for boat races etc.
Always a mystery, perfect location to create something positive, if your interested in more ramp gossip there is a Facebook Brentwood chat group that goes into it deeper I’m told.
I don’t do Fake book , it Zuchs !😎

So it looks like the newly rebuilt Tsartlip launch is closed until further notice?

Does Anyone know what is the status of the new boat launch on the west side of Finlayson Arm (Mill Bay side) between the Mill Bay Ferry dock and the old Mill Bay boat launch? Is it completed being built? Open/closed?

So it looks like the newly rebuilt Tsartlip launch is closed until further notice?

Does Anyone know what is the status of the new boat launch on the west side of Finlayson Arm (Mill Bay side) between the Mill Bay Ferry dock and the old Mill Bay boat launch? Is it completed being built? Open/closed?
The Mill Bay side ramp was never completed. I spoke to a construction person on sight at early construction and said it was a joint venture between Owners of Mill Bay Marina and Malahat First Nations. Something went sideways. It has been blocked off for a couple of years now. To Bad it looked like it was going to be a great launching facility. Looks like it will never be finished. What a Waste

Has there been any official messaging on if there is a construction problem and that the ramp will open to general public in the future - or are the construction issues beng used to avoid saying that it will not be accessible for non-band members temporarily/indefinately?
I have seen the ramp being used, and have heard that non indigenous and even one instance of non-Tsarlip band members with status, being denied access.
I would love to be able to support the community with launch fees + more, and be able to enjoy the inlet waters without a large fuel burn - but any online information ive been able to find is opaque or arguably decieving...

Out of curiousoty, I looked into funding. As best I could determine, this came from the Salish Sea Marine Stewrdship Initiative, which was funded from the Trans Mountain Pipeline. Tsarlip Nation recieved $5M from this initiative, which presumably funded the ramp/docks, as well as a new truck and boat. No politician or reporter is going to eagerly defend access to Tsarlip lands for priviledged boat owners (indigenous or not) - but I'm genuinely disappointed and frustrated that such great infrastructue may not be accessible, and that the communications from Tsarlip over the last year leads one to believe that public access would be granted. This is a real loss to the sustainablilty of the Tsarlip community and its ramp, as well as a loss to boat owners and the environment for those that access the beauty of Saanich Inlet.

Out of curiousoty, I looked into funding. As best I could determine, this came from the Salish Sea Marine Stewrdship Initiative, which was funded from the Trans Mountain Pipeline. Tsarlip Nation recieved $5M from this initiative, which presumably funded the ramp/docks, as well as a new truck and boat. No politician or reporter is going to eagerly defend access to Tsarlip lands for priviledged boat owners (indigenous or not) - but I'm genuinely disappointed and frustrated that such great infrastructue may not be accessible, and that the communications from Tsarlip over the last year leads one to believe that public access would be granted. This is a real loss to the sustainablilty of the Tsarlip community and its ramp, as well as a loss to boat owners and the environment for those that access the beauty of Saanich Inlet.
Maybe the Salish Sea Stewardship Initiative should be asked about whether that was the intent of the funding.

Back