BOAT SOLD - 20' Hourston Project Boat

EZZ70

Hey, looking to purchase a few items for my 1977 20' Hourston Glascraft project boat.

1. boat trailer around the 5000 - 6000lbs carrying capacity...

2. pod or pod plans either aluminum or fibreglass

3. last but not least a main engine, 225hp or 250hp, 2 or 4 stroke...

IMG_6576.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like you topped my zero offer from Friday! Congratulations, that’s going to be a wicked nice boat when all is said and done

Where are you located? I have an aluminum pod off my old Bayliner Discovery 20ft Alaskan bulkhead

Looks like you topped my zero offer from Friday! Congratulations, that’s going to be a wicked nice boat when all is said and done
Had others wanting to buy for full price... So, your the one that offered to take it away for free? I'm planning on hanging onto it. I will be keeping my eyes open for a 23' as well, haha

Where are you located? I have an aluminum pod off my old Bayliner Discovery 20ft Alaskan bulkhead

I am in Red Deer, Alberta. I will be in the Okanagan maybe this long weekend to pickup the boat from in-laws place in Vernon...

You better make a thread on the transformation!
Yeah that was me. I don’t need it, so I had nothing to lose with the “offer”

You better make a thread on the transformation!
Yeah that was me. I don’t need it, so I had nothing to lose with the “offer”

LOL, I'm making an album as we speak will be setting up YouTube vids as well once i get going on progress and DIY's, thinking of creating a Hourston web forum for Hourston's only info, love to keep these boats alive!

What were you asking for it? Is there any "soft" spots on her anywhere? Looks like a big project, but fun all the same.

Kind of a long story, I’ll let it be known as things progress. Thank you

So you were/are selling the boat, but you're also looking to buy parts to resurrect her?

Hey, I have been sitting on the fence and double minded ever since I bought the 20'er whether it would be big enough or not and the worst is I have no resources to compare each model to one another.

I have to be realistic with...
1. How much time I will get to use it (maybe two 4-5 day trips per year)
2. my tow vehicle (2016 1500 Dodge Ram Eco Diesel)
3. the distance I need to trailer (Red Deer, Alberta to the coast 1200km's)
4. how many will be onboard at once (mostly only 2 - wife or son and I)
5. i can fit the 20'er in my garage but not the 23'er, which means I can work on the 20'er over the winter)

I had a line on a 23'er but it SOLD, also I think I would be more comfortable financially to do the 20'er up "bit by bit" over the next year or two instead of one big purchase. So there it is in a nut shell :confused:

The boat has been taken off the sales market which leads me back looking for trailer, pod and motor... I am on a tight budget so any help would be very muchly appreciated, Thank you, Please feel free to text me what you have for sale @ four 0 three 8 nine 6 seven 5 zero 4

Last edited:
good choice, Ive seen some decent yamahs 250's on craigs vancouver lately check em out even if you get a good used motor for now just to get time on the water then save the $$$ for a new motor.

I would strongly advise you not to buy a used pod from another model boat.The 20 Hourstons are naturally stern heavy,they need a custom pod that is full depth of transom following the hull shape.Nothing else you do is more important than getting the pod engineered right.

I would strongly advise you not to buy a used pod from another model boat.The 20 Hourstons are naturally stern heavy,they need a custom pod that is full depth of transom following the hull shape.Nothing else you do is more important than getting the pod engineered right.

Appreciate that info, ill be sure to follow to the letter! :D

Back