Boat Show purchases???

nahmint

OK... What did you get?

Have to "fes up" here... went to the show looking for electronics...armed with pre-show quotes and not alot of optimism about making a deal. Very happy we did go in the end... saved over a $1000:)

Just got back from the show and have to admit I was a little disappointed in the lack of good fishing boats. There were loads of inflatables and wake/ski boats but not so much for fishing. Still it got me off the island for day.

hi, was there to catch posible deal for radar. Walked out with a LRA 1500 lowrance radar unit for 500 under retail.

Right on... we purchased the Raymarine package that we hoped to find... C-80 color display with 2Kw Radome, transducer, module, and all of the installation peripherals including the gold+ data chart card... Also picked up a Dickinson P9000 propane heater package... and went away happy too with a great savings. Also got valuable info from the Raymarine Reps at the show re: warranties and commissioning of the unit. All in all a very useful event for us. Now we're ready for the arrival of our boat....

Gronk, what were you looking for in fishing boats? We really liked some of the welded aluminum ones. Actually purchased a Hewescraft for our fishing... bought last November and waiting for delivery...

quote:Originally posted by richmake

The most advanced product this year was the 305 Robalo...
This class of boat has surpassed the 305 grady white express in all way's...period!
The huge flush deck fish boxes are the bomb and the interior finishing was awesome....
The choice of power and the fact that it is 60000 cheaper is also a plus

Oh boy...just went to their website to check it out. It is def one sick boat...a lot of features that i've never seen ex. fold down passenger chair and many others. Watch the video...gorgeous interior as well. Def a great buy.

quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

Sounds to me like somebody's got the radar buying bug ;);)

This is GOOD!

Now you guyz need to learn how to use them. They're not just plug-n-play.

Favorite boat at the show was on the water at French Creek. 33ft ocean roamer man what a tub.

MR DEAN.... exactly right! We'll see how steep the learning curves are when all the radars are plugged in :D... actually, me included.
I've run GPS for a bunch of years now..and will continue to use my old style navigation too... charts, compass, "dead reckoning"... but the combo unit that we've purchased is really a whole new ball game. I guess the thing is to practice, practice, practice... before hitting the open blue... ;)

Back