Bluewater Boats

Oglthorpe

Hey guys,

I am going down to the states to look at buying a 1992 19' Bluewater cuddy boat. Does anybody have any experience with these boats? I guess they were built in Oregon.

Here is a picture of a similar boat, not the one I am looking at.

Bluewater.jpg

The Hull design looks like my last boat, A pounder, I put a lot of power to it and it ran smooth on the lakes (FAST) or a small chop. But when I got into anything that was over 2', hold onto your kidneys. I could be way off but the front V is shallow and comes back very smooth like a speed hull, looks like shallow sides @ the back.

Oglthorpe...did you end up buying that boat? How do you like it. I just bought the exact same boat. Haven't had it out yet. Huge cuddy for a 19'. Maiden voyage will be the Loggers Derby in March.

Ya, I bought the '92 overnighter. Lots of room for 2 to sleep, and fishes pretty well. It doesn't get tossed around in the chop too much either. Overall I am pretty happy with it.

The 4.3 mercruiser gets it going pretty good. I quickly learned about inboards, not checking out the manifold/risers was a big mistake after bringing it up from the states, now I have to find a used one.[xx(]

Whoa, dusting off an old post. Ya, I had the boat 10 years. Had it everywhere. Multiple trips out to Bamfield, offshore a bit. The boat did me well, probably the roomiest cuddy you can get on a 18-19’ boat. Solid boat, but nothing superior about the hull. Drive it right and you don’t get pounded too much.

Thanks @Oglithorpe I appreciate you taking the time. The cuddy is a a big attraction, and it seems like a good at everything boat, rather than superior at some things but crappy at others. If you ran it for 10 years it must have been quite decent. -cheers!

Back