Bilge and Aerator Pump, and Identify this part please

Finished Business

attached is a picture. The part is above my aerator pump on the port side at the transom. One end is connected to a drain hole in the transom, the other, a foot of line and a plug.

While on the topic, what brand of bilge and aerator pump do you guys recommend? The boat came equipped from the factory with Attwood products, was thinking of installing newer versions of the same brand, with an increased volume of flow if for my line diameter.

See pic! (there are no wires running to this unit)

Attachments

• 0515120942aEDIT.jpg
    0515120942aEDIT.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 105
and while I'm asking....specific brand of marine silicone I should be using? This is for sealing around drains for the bait boxes, transom ect...it will be in direct contact with salt water.

Thanks!

-FB

Sikaflex. Looks like a debris filter.

but where would the lines be going to? or is it an auxilery to add another pump possibly?

I think I have the same thing on my Trophy. I would love to know what this part is too.

Attachments

• DSC_0407.jpg
    DSC_0407.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 84
Looks like a inline debris filter, as what Gunsmith said. Mine on one of my boats goes to the washdown pump, maybe that is what this was plumbed for. Hope this helps:)

Fishyboy

Pump saver.. Keeps the bits o crap from jamming the impellor
Make sure the inlet side uses a ball valve shut off. Close it when your boats sits. If there is ever a leak in the line it could fill the hull!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a inline debris filter, as what Gunsmith said. Mine on one of my boats goes to the washdown pump, maybe that is what this was plumbed for. Hope this helps:)

Fishyboy

Im thinking you are right that it is for the washdown pump. Was planning to install exactly that off this available line.

Pump saver.. Keeps the bits o crap from jamming the impellor
Make sure the inlet side uses a ball valve shut off. Close it when your boats sits. If there is ever a leak in the line it could fill the hull!!!
TW is correct. Its a strainer, installed in order to keep junk out of your pump impellor or diaphragms.

Filters are never a bad thing! I will likely add a second then so all my new pumps are filtered prior to input.

Thanks guys!

-FB-

It will likely be for whatever line you have a raw water inflowing, so if ther'es no wash down, its likely for your fishwell pump.

. The guys are right I think it was an intake for a water washdown system-didn't see the size of the boat but we use the same set-up for a live bait tank in Baja-just a lower output pump.

I have one in line for my wasdown and livewell they both come off the same intake so only one is required

my boat has 3 livewells of varying size (4'x 2' x 18" deep, 2x2x18" deep, and 23" x 11" x 12" deep.) since Im into the floor I am going to add the bells and whistles. Will likely run 2 dual port Attwood Tsunami Aerator, one to independantly run the two large tanks, and the second to run the small tank and hi pressure washdown. Having that many livewells doesn't make much sense in a place we can't use live bait, but for a few extra bucks in plumbing and a pump, I figured might as well.

I may leave one of the livewells dry in the end, but the lines and option will still be available, if i need it.

She will pack some fish once its all rigged up! The boat has a load capacity of 3000 lbs....so subtract gear and bodies...i need room for 1500 lbs of tuna! or limit for 3 of us! lol...probably a pipe dream but if it happens like my last outing, I wont be underprepared this time around!

-FB-

Back