Big spot prawn

Holy crap man! Lucky it didn't pull you in!

You know I would mount that bug.

I logged up that way at Rodrick Island in Douglas Channel and we would prawn 5 mins. from our float camp and catch prawns like that all the time.Just like a small lobster tail lol.Got to the point we all got so sick of prawns as we had little freezer space
available and would have to eat most of them.The camp cook would throw them in everything.Prawn omlettes, prawn pizzas,prawn lasagna.You get the idea.I don't know if they are a different sub species of them up there but ya they can get huge!

They make them big up north! We hit a few jumbos in Stewart. They didn't seem to taste as great, softer meat.

Attachments

• IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 130
Smaller ones I enjoy much more...sweeter taste especially in the winter....still that thing is a MONSTER!! Nicely done.

So how did you cook it , i would have split in half and throw it on the grill , HUGE !!!

That's exactly what I did. More for the humor of it than anything. I treated it like a little lobster.

All in all I agree the smaller ones have better taste. But it was fun nonetheless.

When I got up here 8 years ago almost no one prawned. I guess it's not worth their time. I can't help myself. It's something that brings me back down South.

Back