Best place to go?

copro

Just curious, as to all of your opinions of the "best" fishing spot trailer boaters can access in Canadian waters. In my opinion "best" is all about access to variety with average size, huge size is secondary. I have spent time at Nootka and Winter Harbour, and consider both excellent. Is there any where you folks consider better? I'm not afraid to travel as I have trailered to Kitimat to fish Caamano Sound and it didn't seem any better than Nootka or Winter Harbour?? Said another way, looking for great places off the beaten path to explore with excellent fishing.

Thanks Copro

Last edited by a moderator:
Bamfield and Hardy is up there for sure, but all of those places have there moments both good and bad. Mostly really good though

Lorne

Said another way, looking for great places off the beaten path to explore with excellent fishing.

Thanks Copro

you might want to try kyuquot, trailer in through zeballos to fair harbour, launch there and go out. There are options to camp or stay at a lodge or cabin.

You've got it surrounded by where you have been might as well go up the middle. Good fishing beautiful area.

Apologies to Wade and Dave and the gang up north, but my vote goes to Hardy---you truly feel like you're on the edge of wildness there, especially over on the other side of QCS. Doesn't compare to Uke and Bamfield as far as numbers, but for my money, it's the ones you have to work for that are the most memorable.

As far as comparing Winter Harbor to Hardy-- I get the sense that in the grand scheme of things, more fish hang a right at Cape Scott then hang a left towards Johnstone Strait so WH probably can be as productive as Uke and Bamfield if your timing is right. I could be wrong ---that's just my sense reading about various fishing spots and their overall productivity today compared to their historical productivity.

The trick is to hang in places where those fish haven't yet had to make the decision to go left or right...

Back