Best fishing rods

Brett83

Now that sage no longer makes mooching rods, who makes the top rods. Heirloom quality you could pass down to you grand children. Something made in USA or Canada would be nice. It would be a gift for dad for Father's day.

What about a classic Fenwick 1264 ? There’s usually one or 2 on Marketplace…. I’ll never sell my pair that are going on 40 years old! I’ve fished pretty much everything out there and always return to them.

Rainshadow by Batson-quality products built for our conditions.

Rainshadow by Batson-quality products built for our conditions.

Thanks for that suggestion, I got me going down a rabbit hole. I found a company called savage rod Co. From Vancouver island. Im going to look into them.

“Reel Alibi” is a custom rod maker from WA who uses Rainshadow blanks. She has a Facebook and website if you search google. Price point is around $370 USD for a downrigger or mooching rod. I am thinking of purchasing from her this year.

I don't quite get the heirloom quality rod idea, but I'm not criticizing you, fellow traveler. I break and beat up rods so much, I figure I get something that functions and replace when needed. If I had an expensive rod that I was afraid to use...how would I make memories with it?

Now a reel on the other hand...they LAST.

I don't quite get the heirloom quality rod idea, but I'm not criticizing you, fellow traveler. I break and beat up rods so much, I figure I get something that functions and replace when needed. If I had an expensive rod that I was afraid to use...how would I make memories with it?

I have a few rods. My most used is a g Loomis, but I have a rod that has been passed down, I use it on special occasions, like the fathers day family fish. Or derbies if I need luck (doesn't bring luck). Likely when i die they'll be firesold by my wife whom hates fishing. When I fish with buddies I bring the Loomis and a st Croix. I'm definitely with you on reels.

Same here, in the boat, fenwick HMx, and shimano convergence, about 100$ a rod, they break toss them and buy new ones

I have a few rods. My most used is a g Loomis, but I have a rod that has been passed down, I use it on special occasions, like the fathers day family fish. Or derbies if I need luck (doesn't bring luck). Likely when i die they'll be firesold by my wife whom hates fishing. When I fish with buddies I bring the Loomis and a st Croix. I'm definitely with you on reels.
May you please send me your wife’s contact? Do you have a family history of heart problems or major health problems? Asking for a friend.

Back