Best Evinrude service centre in lower mainland

Hannes

I've got a etec G2 150 ho on a 2021 DE 206HT and I've had steering issues since day one. The boat lives in Haida Gwaii and I had to tow her to Edmonton to get the steering replaced last summer. I've essentially missed two seasons up there as a result of these steering issues. Got the boat back from Edmonton and getting power steering error code and hard steering with 1/4 turn play in either direction. Before buying the engine I did check to see if I could service it on island and there is an authorized service centre, but they're impossible. I've left the boat with them (outside) for 8 months and they "didn't get to it".

ANYWAY...

I can't keep towing this boat back and forth. She's going to come live on the south coast so I can get the service I need. Looking for a recommendation for an evinrude dealer. The closer to Squamish the better.

I think I needed to type that out to get some of the frustration out.

Thanks in advance.

Haruna and Lordship Marine were the local Evinrude dealers in Vancouver and still provide all the warranty services.

That sucks. Not what you are looking for but Make a video on your phone and send it to your dealer asking evinrude to send in a master mechanic to fix it. Say a friend told you to post it on YouTube with the title Bombardier does not stand behind their products. My friend had the difficulties with bigger new evinrudes and even the master mechanic couldn’t fix them so he sold them.

Lordship Marine But I wouldn't threaten them or they might not get to it They are nice guys and do warranty work .The guys on the south Island held my boat hostage for 4 months and did the absolute minimum for max$ good thing I took it there in Sept

There’s a great Mercury dealer up there
Seriously considering just repowering, but it seems extreme given it's just steering. I love the performance otherwise, but steering is also necessary.

Fix and sell. No point in keeping a motor that’s so prone to mechanical issues. Don’t ask me how I know.

Seriously considering just repowering, but it seems extreme given it's just steering. I love the performance otherwise, but steering is also necessary.
I hear you but when I was living in a less populated area using the closest dealer was paramount

I did a little reading, and it looks like the G2 engine was available with either integrated steering, or could be rigged with conventional external hydraulic steering. To use a conventional steering rack, it needs to have the TRAC+ midsection. I have no idea how to tell if you have this or not.

Here are a few links for further reading:
G2 Rigging guide: see pgs 66-67 which describes both options and pg 80 for troubleshooting

some discussion of teh same:

Last edited:
Back