BC wildlife federation town hall meeting

Derby

Crew Member

You probably already know about these events, but I want to make sure you get a direct invitation to one of a series of important discussions on the future of British Columbia’s wildlife and natural spaces. Jesse Zeman, BCWF's Executive Director will be discussing the urgent need for science-based wildlife management in B.C, the BCWF’s plan to ensure wildlife conservation becomes a priority in election platforms and how we can all come together to make a difference during this crucial time.

You all understand how bad things are. After decades of underfunding, many of our iconic species are in decline, and habitat is disappearing at an alarming rate. With the provincial election approaching, it is essential that hunters, anglers, outdoor enthusiasts, conservationists, restorationists and every other type of person who cares about our environment use their collective voice to push for science-based wildlife management and better protection for B.C.’s natural spaces.

There are four of these town halls planned:

Thursday, September 26, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Richmond Rod & Gun Club, 7400 River Road, Suite 140, Richmond

Friday, September 27, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Royal Canadian Legion, 123 West 15th Street, North Vancouver

Saturday, September 28, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Ridgedale Rod & Gun Club, 35655 Harris Road, Abbotsford

Sunday, September 29, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Semiahmoo Fish & Game Club, 1284 184th Street, Surrey

You Can Help!

In addition to attending I want to ask for your help in spreading the word. Encouraging attendance at these events is crucial. I've invited lots of candidates, both from the three main parties as well as any independents I could find emails for. It's important to let our elected representatives know what we'd like to see from our government, regardless of which party wins. With the collective power of our community, we can ensure that the voices of hunters, anglers, and outdoor enthusiasts are heard, influencing decisions that will protect B.C.'s fish, wildlife and habitat for future generations.

Please share this invitation through your personal mailing lists and social media channels. This is a fast and easy way that you can make a concrete contribution to fish, wildlife and habitat in BC.

Back