Bayliner 2452 prop recomrndations

So looking at buying a prop. Bayliner 2452 5.7 bravo 2 drive. Any recommendations? Any for sale out there?
I’d guess a 21p for your boat with a Bravo 2. Depends on your drive ratio. I have 2-Bravo 2 21p that I’d sell. One I had re-pitched to 19p. Very limited selection for a Bravo 2. Unless you go stainless. Then you can get a 4 or 5 blade. But over $2k, for those. Made by Powertech.

So looking at buying a prop. Bayliner 2452 5.7 bravo 2 drive. Any recommendations? Any for sale out there?
What is your current prop and how does it perform? Can you get up on step quickly? Can you achieve WOT rpms within a few hundred of the manufacturer’s recommended? Unless someone has the same boat and motor it’s going to be hard to answer this question without answers to the above.
My sister and brother-in-law had this motor and leg combo on a 2455 Ciera which is a similar sized boat. I was impressed with the performance and economy but I don’t remember the pitch of their prop. I am a fan of the larger diameter, less pitch prop configuration that the Bravo 2 drives can spin. They are capable of a good hole shot combined with economical cruise speeds.

What is your current prop and how does it perform? Can you get up on step quickly? Can you achieve WOT rpms within a few hundred of the manufacturer’s recommended? Unless someone has the same boat and motor it’s going to be hard to answer this question without answers to the above.
My sister and brother-in-law had this motor and leg combo on a 2455 Ciera which is a similar sized boat. I was impressed with the performance and economy but I don’t remember the pitch of their prop. I am a fan of the larger diameter, less pitch prop configuration that the Bravo 2 drives can spin. They are capable of a good hole shot combined with economical cruise speeds.
Yup. Always helps to have a baseline with the current set up before making changes.

I have that exact boat,for top speed I use a 16x16pitch and for holeshot and if im hauling heavy i use a 16x14 pitch. It's a fat boat to start with at aprox. 7000lbs dry for me the 16" prop is a must,I'd like to try a 16 x 16 4 blade though.

Good morning. Just saw your request for recommendations for Bravo 2 prop. I have a 2002 2452 that I have just repowered and replaced my Bravo 2 outdrive with a Bravo 3. I have a stainless Power Tech prop available from that drive. It is a RH 19.5 pitch, 18.5 inch diameter. This replaced the original 21 pitch aluminum prop and essentially made it noticeably better getting up on plane. Cruised nicely around 24 knots at 3800 rpm with a top end around 35 knots. That was with the original 250 HP carbed engine. $450. Prop has no nicks and has the roller hub - not the rubber one. Let me know if this may be of interest to you.

Back