Bamfield Timing - August

Pippen

Hey All,

We are trying to queue up a trek over to Bamfield in August. Our ideal dates are around the 10th but have one who may not be able to make and push us out til later in the month. Have things kind of dried up by the latter part of August? I know I have fished Labor Day in Tofino and although we did okay for white fish the salmon aside from coho was was pretty quiet.

Hey All,

We are trying to queue up a trek over to Bamfield in August. Our ideal dates are around the 10th but have one who may not be able to make and push us out til later in the month. Have things kind of dried up by the latter part of August? I know I have fished Labor Day in Tofino and although we did okay for white fish the salmon aside from coho was was pretty quiet.
Hey Pips. I would 100% recommended going late August....I have been early/mid August a few times and what a gong show it is at most spots. Looks like south arm early September. Way too many boats. A zoo. End of August is quieter and still lots of springs around.

Hey All,

I have done many trips to Bamfield from June to mid- September (more than 30) and found the best time to be August 20 to the 23rd. This hits the main Robertson Creek run with 3,4, ànd 5 year fish in the mix. The fish are still fresh and are arriving on every flood tide (fishing Whittlestone to Beale mainly).
...Rob

after last years sept long it was like a light switch turned off the bite.

Short answer is no, as @Rob H said, you should be in the thick of it at that time.
We go twice in mth of Aug..
Aug long and 3rd week, always been fish around,
In saying that, Ive never fished there later than that.
Good luck and enjoy

Back