Bamfield - Open Seat this weekend (July 19/20)

TenMile

Hey guys,

Figured I might give this a try. A buddy of mine had to bail on a trip to Bamfield, and the usual suspects all have weekend plans. I intend to fish this weekend, and it looks like I have an open seat.

If you can make it to Bamfield Friday night (or Saturday night) I'd be happy to open a seat to an SFBC member for a day or even two. Expectations will be that you will split the cost of fuel. If fishing inshore -- no more than $75 and offshore could be as high as $200 each. I generally fish Kirby, Mears Bluff, 7-Mile but will venture further out if the weather and waves are good and fishing is slow inside. Bring your license -- DFO are around and inspecting (and I will let them take you away if you don't have it).

I'm not a guide so this would not be a guided trip. I will show you how to run the gear etc... but expectation is that you have a good idea what you're doing -- great to learn some new tricks too. My preference would be for you to bring your own tackle -- although I'm cool with using my rod/reels (Shimano/Fenwick). I generally fish for fun to burn off the stress of the work-week and as a result, I don't take fishing terribly seriously. I will have a beer or two, but generally limit my intake until safely back at the dock -- hoping for the same. Split the catch, cleaning and cleanup duties etc... Break it, lose it -- replace it.

Boat is comfortable -- Bayliner 288 -- 28ft Command Bridge with a decent sized fishing deck -- cabin to get out of the weather -- fridge, head, coffee maker, tunes etc.... It's fishy and well set up. I have all the safety gear so no need to bring your own unless you want to.

If you get seasick -- or have never ventured to the west side of the island and don't know if you do, I recommend the Scopolamine patch (over the counter at the drugstore). There are some alternatives as well, but nobody has puked with the patch on my boat.

My plan will be to fish all-day Saturday (early departure) and a partial day Sunday (early departure likely back to the dock by 10-11 for an early afternoon return home). Join for one or both days.

Boat is a 1 min walk from the Motel right beside the medical centre. 10-15 minutes walk from the campsite. It's on the road side of town so drive-up access (may have to park in town if his lot is busy).

Send me a PM if interested.

Back