back from sooke

the runt

Well guys made it back late sun nite.fished Sat and Sun.It was a great experience.Great water and weather.2 small ones which we let go and a bunch of small cod which went back.There were four of us,we all used glow flashers some had anchovies, tried a hootchie and a coyote spoon.Never really saw much bait,one day we fished around otter point and in front of otter point resort.the on sun.fished beechy head, not much bait.Never saw a a fish caught by anyone.I'll be back to take another crack at the devils.How did you guys do on those days just curious.

thanks the runt

i don't think you missed much...
by the reports i've read,there seemed to be lot's
of small springs with the odd 5 or 6lb'er mixed in.

we had to release a nice halibut about 20-25 lbs

would have made good fish & chips !

scotty

I fished Sooke on SUnday for 3.5 hrs and released a couple of small fish. Crabbing was good, kept 6 nice Dungeness around 7 inches.
Got back to Jock's dock and saw 6 fish come in. Two of them where high teens. They were caught out in 200ft water fishing deep from what I heard.
Oh well 5 more days till I can fish again:(
What boat were u in Runt?

hi Hurston,iwas in a blue 20 ft.searay bowrider inboard,with a little merc kicker,We had 4 people aboard.We fished from80-175 ft deep.Where you in that 24 hurston,white i believe.

thanks the runt

quote:
hi Hurston,iwas in a blue 20 ft.searay bowrider inboard,with a little merc kicker,We had 4 people aboard.We fished from80-175 ft deep.Where you in that 24 hurston,white i believe.

thanks the runt
No, I have an old white and orange 17ft Hourston softtop.

You wern't fishing with Terry, Andy and Tyler

EH!

Salmon King

I am of the Lynden cowboys Albert Arron Carl

Smoke Salmon ring a BELL!

quote:
I am of the Lynden cowboys Albert Arron Carl

Smoke Salmon ring a BELL!
Are you charging the same as last year for the smoked salmon?

JF

Back