Anyone have experience with a 21 ft. Seaswirl Striper?

Alley Oop

I'm thinking of buying a 21 ft. Seaswirl Striper soft top with outboard power. I'd like to know what you like and what you don't like about the 21 ft. Striper. I'm looking at buying a used 21 ft. Striper with a Honda or Yamaha outboard.

I'm thinking of buying a 21 ft. Seaswirl Striper soft top with outboard power. I'd like to know what you like and what you don't like about the 21 ft. Striper. I'm looking at buying a used 21 ft. Striper with a Honda or Yamaha outboard.
AWSOME ! Mine is a 1996 2100WA with a soft top with a 200HP Johnson and I've had it for over 10 years fish with confidence both off shore and on the inside. I was averaging over 300 hours on the water for years but now do to all the restrictions and what not still doing at least 100 hours a year ! Its a great boat for fishing solo as well or up to 4 or even 5. I know a lot of guys with older and new Stripers with the newer hulls and they even run smoother. You won't be disappointing. There is a Seaswirl Striper group called SOC , http://seastriper.com/forums/index.php check it out , all Striper owners and they are a great source of info. Its solid on the water , very smooth and will take just about anything it has. Hope this helps ya

Attachments

• Boat pic 2.jpg
    Boat pic 2.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 69
C0D21CD2-3277-40F3-9276-38C960E3001D.jpegWe have a 2101 for the last 3 years. it’s versatile as we’ve overnighted (with a family of 3 at the time) Running a 225 Honda. Cruises at 22-23 mph at 3500 rpm. I would say it’s best suited for a smaller fishing crew of 2-3 and definitely fine to fish solo. With more people it’s better for cruising and jigging. I would say that I wish the cuddy was bigger but it works since 90% of the time we’re fishing. The top is nice as it gives a tiny bit of a cabin when winter fishing. It is not the beamiest and I do have to adjust the trim tabs a tiny bit to balance it out on plane but overall it handles well. Maybe compare with owners of a Trophy and Grady for major differences. Good luck!

Thanks for the input sir-vivor and crazydaisy. I've heard that is was a seaworthy boat. This info is what I'm looking for. If things go like they
appear to be going, I should have my Striper sometime this spring. Thanks again.
Mark

I ran a year 2000 - 21 ft. Striper Center Consul with a 200 Honda for 17 years. I live in Victoria and often towed it to Port Alberni. Ran up to Barclay sound and when the weather was good I would run up to 25 miles offshore. Never had any issues with the hull. Very well built boat. Small enough to launch by myself. Probably not Grady quality, but better than many others out there. Great for up to 4 fishers.
Good fishing
Stosh

Attachments

• 3A3EAA04-ED0F-4351-A6BF-29353FA87D4E.jpeg
    3A3EAA04-ED0F-4351-A6BF-29353FA87D4E.jpeg
    342.4 KB · Views: 71
  • B0F52DE7-2017-4AC6-AF05-AB102AAB8328.jpeg
    B0F52DE7-2017-4AC6-AF05-AB102AAB8328.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 70
I ran a year 2000 - 21 ft. Striper Center Consul with a 200 Honda for 17 years. I live in Victoria and often towed it to Port Alberni. Ran up to Barclay sound and when the weather was good I would run up to 25 miles offshore. Never had any issues with the hull. Very well built boat. Small enough to launch by myself. Probably not Grady quality, but better than many others out there. Great for up to 4 fishers.
Good fishing
Stosh
Thanks Stosh. I'm planning on doing some of my fishing near Zeballos. Used to go up to Fair Harbour and fish out of my Montauk. Sold it a few years ago. I'm looking forward to getting a 21 ft. Striper.

We've run a Seaswirl 2601WA off Esperanza for the last 7 years and have no problem what so ever. In fact, like the Seaswirl so much, I replaced my 1999 with a 2015 this year. Would highly recommend the boat.

Cousin's son has a 2101 with Yamaha 150 and 9.9 kicker. Probably a 2008. They are hardcore fisherman and take it everywhere in all sorts of conditions. Bamfield, Nootka, Winter Harbour, Port Hardy, Rivers Inlet. It has been a very good boat for them.

I ran a 2008 for ten years from the factory with the set up @Sir Reel mentions above. A great boat and handles water well and feels larger than it is when its snotty out. I had a soft top and installed an arch later on and was a great upgrade. The 150 is fine on the soft top but would go with more on the hard top. I fished the boat solo a lot and it's an easy rig for that. It spent many days fishing SwiftSure and always performed well. For me my only knock against it was the wasted space with the Euro Transom design. I did consider podding mine to gain the extra 3' but went with a full build instead. Very soft riding hull after the hull change in the early 2000's ?

Attachments

• Rig1.jpg
    Rig1.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 68
I ran a 2008 for ten years from the factory with the set up @Sir Reel mentions above. A great boat and handles water well and feels larger than it is when its snotty out. I had a soft top and installed an arch later on and was a great upgrade. The 150 is fine on the soft top but would go with more on the hard top. I fished the boat solo a lot and it's an easy rig for that. It spent many days fishing SwiftSure and always performed well. For me my only knock against it was the wasted space with the Euro Transom design. I did consider podding mine to gain the extra 3' but went with a full build instead. Very soft riding hull after the hull change in the early 2000's ?
They sure are great looking boats too!

sorry I ant contribute to the 21 striper experiences but I can say the 23’s fish great and have a great layout!

Great boat my chum bought a used one in 93 only a couple of yrs old with a 93 2 stk 175 Everude sold in 2017 for same price bought it forv( $23,000 ) fished Renfrew/ waterfront/ Sooke great to fish out of , good in choppy water lots of fishing room no issues what ever whole time he used , it was Garage keep so always looked brand new , went thru 2 boats , ran good on the 175 , 200 mite be little quicker , good luck

I have an '03 2101 I/O with the Alaska Hardtop. Couldn't be happier with the boat. Solid performance in most water conditions. The 21 deg. dead rise and 400 litre gas tank give the boat a lot of stability in rougher water conditions. It's a great fishing platform, ideally for two people. It is also very easy to fish solo.
What year are you looking at. '03 and newer have composite transoms. Earlier boats are plywood. The older non-euro hulls are somewhat different than the newer euro hulls. The 2101 changed to the euro in '01 0r '02 I think.
I'd echo the earlier advice to check out the Striper Owners Club website - seastriper.com. Lots of great information.

I previously owned a 2012 21' with suzuki 175 and a 2008 23' with yamaha 250. Both great boats. Both had alaska tops which i would recommend. I fish year round and its just nice to be out of the wind and weather. They ride good and cut the chop. I don't think I'd get into anything older than 05. I'm not sure why I sell all my nice boats now that I think about it.

Hey Alley,

I will concur with other Striper owners that have voiced their opinions on Stripers.
I have owned two, one being a 2004 2301 inboard and the second being a 2012 2601 with an outboard.
I have a good friend with a 2101 with an outboard. Great boats to fish off as others have said and wont get into that too much.
If you plan to fish regularly with a few folks and plan to overnight, the cuddy and dance floor are a little restrictive on the 2101 for anymore than 1 in the cuddy and four in the boat...all depends on where you are going as well, length of travel time and duration.
It can be a bit cramped with four on the floor in the 21 for days on end...
I will say when I went from the 23 to the 26, the extra 3' was VERY noticeable...

Good luck...they are decent boats for the $

Getbent

Thanks for all of the info guys. Just what I'm looking to find out. I did join the Stripers Owner Forum but I find there is a lot of info on this post. I'm looking to buy used. Didn't know about the composite transoms. Facts like this help tremendously to make an informed buying decision. I'll be happy to buy either a 2 or 4 stroke. Haven't made up my mind as far as a soft or hard top, I'll be giving that a second thought. Thanks again for all of the information.

Striper 2300 5.0 Volvo Penta I/O
Absolutely LOVE IT !

Attachments

• E4E6545E-738B-4F89-AB3A-97AAD23A0468.jpeg
    E4E6545E-738B-4F89-AB3A-97AAD23A0468.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 0F848890-EAFE-471C-8AE2-A0415974A4D1.jpeg
    0F848890-EAFE-471C-8AE2-A0415974A4D1.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 47633E22-2447-4357-816F-A93101956D58.jpeg
    47633E22-2447-4357-816F-A93101956D58.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 66
I don't know Dragos, I'm thinking 21 ft., if I start looking at 23 ft. I might get 2 footitis. I'm going to
try and keep the length at 21 ft. but because you mentioned a 23 ft. I will probably check one out.

Back