Anyone have experience extending shaft length of Yamaha Outboards? (Bay Mnfg Extension Kit)

Bswrth

I’m starting to explore the options of extending a 2021 Yamaha F150 Long Shaft (20”) to a Extra Long (25”), this motor is from my existing boat and I’m looking to put it on a different boat that has a 25” transom.

Does anyone have any experince they’d share using the Bay Manufacturing Extension Kit? Based on my reading it appears the company has been around forever and the reviews are good and the instal is relatively easy but I do have some reservations about the kit (existing factory warranty on the motor, adding the drive shaft etc, removing the driveshaft bushing etc).

I’m looking at all my options which does include the Bay Manufcaturing Kit as well as swapping whole lower units, or using OEM parts to convert my current lower unit to an XL by replacing the drive shaft, shift shaft and adding the 5” leg extension piece.

I do realize this is project and purchasing a factory XL motor would be much easier, but with the state of the outboard supply extending my existing motor seems like a good option at this point.

If anyones has any experience or tips with adding some length to their mid range motor I’d love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,
Gabe

Back