Any fishing opportunities around Rathtrevor?

Rain City

Crew Member
Camping this weekend. Thinking about bringing the jigging rod and my Costco inflatable. Worth it? I could drive a short way in either direction, the limitation would be my fat butt having to row out.

I don't see why there wouldn't be some flounder around as it is a massive sandy area. Depending on the tide though it might be a long paddle out to any significant depths. I'd imagine salmon and rockfish/lingcod would be much tougher. Let me know if you do end up going out how you do as I've also thought of bringing a kayak there while camping before, but decided against it.

same here. I've had that thought as well but the actual beach there is very shallow far far out. a short drive to some other spots near there might be worthwhile but hopefully someone local can provide more info.

not really much in the way of access to salmon and rockfish from a paddle inflatable in terms of safety. Its going to be breezy this weekend. If youve got a bigger vessel putting out of french creek or hand bombing a boat off Columbia beach and fishing the humps is possible, or go off Nanoose and fish Gerald and Ballenas, both I would caution against trying in a paddle inflatable though. You would be better off taking the family up to Spider lake for te day and going for a float and swim at the day use park and trying for bass.

Back