another nice 18' hourston fish boat

Plenty of power too with a 140 looper.

What's the issues with the old hourstons? Or just cautious with the age f it

the rear floors on any old boat used to rot out the stringers but that boat had the floor all redone so its all good to go, I dont know why everyone bags on the old boats since not everyone can afford the 20k+ price tags lol its a good deal imo, but know going in that everything used old or NEW needs work.

Man, is that ever the truth. I have an old Double Eagle and right along the portside stringer, sure enough it's rotted out at the back third of the boat.

But honestly, replacing the sole is not that bad of a job, at least not a couple of sections of it. I'm about halfway done my repairs at the moment and I should be able to finish up this weekend.

I don't know how the Hourston is laid out under the sole but it very likely has a secondary stringer about 16" outboard of the primary (presumably there's an actual term for this but I don't know it).

So if the floor is mostly solid, it can be possible to slice out sections making cuts over the centers of the stringers and replace them with marine plywood that's fully encapsulated with epoxy.

Personally, I can't really justify a twenty thousand dollar boat, but I do need a big water machine to get to my vacation property. So dealing with old Eagles and Hourstons makes plenty of sense to me.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

So, is it just me, or does it look bow heavy in the pics? Trim might adjust, but I'm curious about opinion from more knowledgeable members...
thanx

So, is it just me, or does it look bow heavy in the pics? Trim might adjust, but I'm curious about opinion from more knowledgeable members...
thanx

its almost an optical illusion because of the black paint on the bottom of the hull in the water but could be a little front heavy though..

Back