Another Grady for sale.....

pre-1992s' don't have the CV-2 hull so they are a wetter ride. Also really check the boat for transom rot and make sure all the thru-hulls have been upgraded.

not to mention that same boat could be bought down south for under $10,000USD including delivery to blaine.

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

not to mention that same boat could be bought down south for under $10,000USD including delivery to blaine.

what he said and the motor is pretty old.

its insane what grady's are going for up here - does anybody actually pay this kind of money for them up here?

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

its insane what grady's are going for up here - does anybody actually pay this kind of money for them up here?

We're a little different that the States Poppa Swiss. Relative to what many of the local manufacturers are making, Gradys and Boston Whalers are tops.

Also, part of the issue is that the only game in town for Gradys...Capstan Marine is ummmmmm..shall we say getting rich with their prices. I know of a guy that paid $300 K pre tax for his brand new Marlin, when in fact he could have walked across the line, and had a better equipped boat with trailer delivered for $225 K pre tax. Let's just say he wasn't too pleased. If there were some competition, you'd see a big drop in prices, and that's what's going on the East Coast.

Good old fashioned supply and demand at work.

I just can't believe that someone would pay $20,000 for a 1985 bowrider with a 1993 engine.

I'm not complaining mind you ;)

Capstan is the number one reason not to buy a Grady. Their parts department will NEVER return a call on a parts request. They won't help with older boats and worse, they have little or no interest in their product.

At the boat show the last few years I have gone through the new Marlins and commented to the salesman that I own an older one. I think because I'm not dressed like a millionaire they ignore me. If I was salesman I'd be after a guy with a Marlin to trade up because you know he's got a trade in worth at least 1/3 to a 1/2 of a new one.

If you want one get it in the States. The only downside is that most of these boats are from the east coast and getting them here is a headache. Also be aware they are not ready for the westcoast. They often don't have full canvas,any heat or downriggers. So add a few thousand for that plus the GST and the shipping.

quote:Originally posted by bhemi

Capstan is the number one reason not to buy a Grady. Their parts department will NEVER return a call on a parts request. They won't help with older boats and worse, they have little or no interest in their product.

At the boat show the last few years I have gone through the new Marlins and commented to the salesman that I own an older one. I think because I'm not dressed like a millionaire they ignore me. If I was salesman I'd be after a guy with a Marlin to trade up because you know he's got a trade in worth at least 1/3 to a 1/2 of a new one.

If you want one get it in the States. The only downside is that most of these boats are from the east coast and getting them here is a headache. Also be aware they are not ready for the westcoast. They often don't have full canvas,any heat or downriggers. So add a few thousand for that plus the GST and the shipping.

100% Bang on Bhemi...and to think..somehow Capstan got a Customer Service Award a few years ago! LMAO!

Check out Yachtworld now Bhemi, there's LOTS of them on there!

My last quote delivered to my door with customs was $5300 on a Marlin---that's through customs!

I own a grady...and have owned others...nothing compares to the cv-2 hull.
As far as boats across the line, most of what has been said is true.
I do believe their are some smoking deals in california and it's alot closer than florida.
If you buy one...pay the money and get one with a hard top...world of difference.
Also remember to keep an eye on whether it's a hurricane damaged boat or salvage... try to stay away from those.

quote:

100% Bang on Bhemi...and to think..somehow Capstan got a Customer Service Award a few years ago! LMAO!

Check out Yachtworld now Bhemi, there's LOTS of them on there!

My last quote delivered to my door with customs was $5300 on a Marlin---that's through customs!

After looking at the grady's on yachtworld, i think you would be pretty hard pressed to find one under about 40k u.s. that looks
decent
how much boat can you buy for 5.3k ???

I think the $5300 is for the transport - but keep in mind that marlin is almost 31' long - also its about another $1000 to have a transport company cross the border for you.

quote: i think you would be pretty hard pressed to find one under about 40k u.s. that looks
decent

Is that a typo craven?

In my opinion capstan marine is in a dream world with their pricing on the used boats nevermind the new ones - just going by their website prices

based upon what limited knoweldge I have from looking around they are 30 to 50 % over what they should be for a asking price never mind a sell price.

When I get some dough to buy a new near new boat capstan marine is the last place I'd shop

I'd say what I'm really thinking but I might just get told off

Back