Anchovy school Howe Sound

Where's your throw net!!!

Great to see, I remember as a kid in the 60s the anchovie schools that would go by and under our dock in port moody

Mmmmm....deep fried anchovies! Just needs a good Greek salad with a huge block of feta, and some ouzo or tsipouro and that's as good as it gets!

:)

I saw them when the ball was near sunset and the whales were having a feed. Great to watch. Lots of jealous people I sent the photos to

Great vid - thanks for sharing @Reeltime

Makes me feel all relaxed, like a 50000 liter fish tank ;-)
Thanks ! Salted you had me laughing ...

get out your sabiki rods and jig up a bunch of live bait, nothing better then live mooching
I googled sabiki rods interesting ... would be pretty sweet to do some live mooching ...

Thanks ! Salted you had me laughing ...

I googled sabiki rods interesting ... would be pretty sweet to do some live mooching ...
Check it out on YouTube, very easy to make your own out of pvc tubing, thats what I did,
Works like a charm too
this is the same as the one I made

Last edited:
Brilliant idea tucking the rig inside the pipe , i have so many extra river level winds kicking around ... gonna make one up .
I don't understand what the point of the pvc pipe is. Is it because you don't have a rod and want to make something cheap? Why not just use a casting rod set up? Don't need anything fancy...

It is meant to keep the hooks contained inside the PVC pipe when not in use. That way the rig is ready at a moments notice and untangled. It also keeps the hooks from impailing an unsuspecting angler.

Oly

I don't understand what the point of the pvc pipe is. Is it because you don't have a rod and want to make something cheap? Why not just use a casting rod set up? Don't need anything fancy...
I've got a whole bunch of small rods i could use ,the pvc pipe just looks like no messing around with snags from all the hooks and not worrying about how to store it when on the move.
plus i love messing around with different ways of doing things ...

It is meant to keep the hooks contained inside the PVC pipe when not in use. That way the rig is ready at a moments notice and untangled. It also keeps the hooks from impailing an unsuspecting angler.

Oly
this is exactly the reason, I can drop it in a moments notice and not have to untangle a bunch of little tiny hooks with my old eyes, by that time the school has moved on:)
and if you dont cap the butt its real easy to wash the rig down with fresh water washdown cause they dont last very long once in the salt,
I store it up under the gunnel in one of the rod holders-grab and go

Back