aluminun pod

• Thread starter Thread starter fishnphil
  • Start date Start date
F

fishnphil

Hi there guys, I'd like to say first off that I a'm very apreciative of any help or advice that you can give me.Here is my story. I purchased a 79 20ft hourston that was powered by a 305 chev and volvo leg. I have recently removed the inboard and leg and I am wanting to pod the boat and put and outboard on it.
1: Where is a good place to get a pod made for my boat? ( I live in Duncan )
2: I have never done fiberglass repais of this scale, ie: plugging the hole in my transom and doing something with that large hole in my floor.
I have seen some really nice hourstons out there with pod on the back of them and they do look trick.
There seems to a lack of info on Houston the manufacturer after market parts.
I just want to get back out on the water fishing, so any info would be greatly welcomed.

Just go to search function upper right,Lastchance had a well written, very informative post about a year ago. I believe his pod was for a Hourston, and if memory serves me correctly it was built in Duncan.DAN

I got my pod made at Doug's Steel Stuff (DSS) in Duncan. Very reasonable price, and quality was good. They are behind Harpers scrap metal on that road that runs along the river, beside the Cardlock, Larry is quite helpfull.

Don't bother plugging the hole in your transom, have a pod made with a grid, and bolt it across the full width of the transom, I did that to my 30 year old transom on my H23, and it is just fine. Besides, the hole that your old leg went through makes a nice place to put beer into the pod to keep it cold. You won't find any aftermarket parts for Hourston, they are a great hull run by a small local company. Just make sure that your pod follows the keel of the hull, and does not come up, my experience with my H23 is that they do NOT like any extra junk in trunk, I had my pod step up, and running it was a little bumpy. I had the pod modified to carry straight along from the kel, and the ride is darn good.

Hey there Last Chance, would happen to have any close ups or any pics of your pod and the work that was done? I am looking foward to getting this old boat of mine looking and preforming like it deserves. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Phil

quote:Originally posted by fishnphil

Hey there Last Chance, would happen to have any close ups or any pics of your pod and the work that was done? I am looking foward to getting this old boat of mine looking and preforming like it deserves. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Phil

All I have are shots of the boat in the water. I'll see if I pull it in the near future to show you. It's really a standard issue pod. If you are in Renfrew sometime between now and Nov, I'll hapilly give you the tour.

Hey there LastChance,thankyou for the great info. I have seen your boat from a distance in Renfrew and it is a cool boat. I am looking foward to having my boat looking as pimped out as yours. Larry over at DSS was my first choice been as he has done some real awesome work for me in the past. He is the king of fabricators.Any pics of your boat would be greatly apreciated as I am also doing my own re fab of that 20 hourston of mine.I can be reached at philtanja@shaw.ca if you want to gab.
Good fishing and keep your line dipped.[}:)]

Back