• Thread starter Thread starter Slickwater
  • Start date Start date
S

Slickwater

Any comment on stanley or wolf aluminum boats ?? - am looking to buy
in near future .
Thx

I can only comment on the Wolf boats.
If you are ever up this way (Black Creek) do youself a favour and drop in to his shop.
Awesome boats, quality workmanship, and you'll hardly ever see a used one on the market.
And no I don't work there.

Appreciate your response. It appears that Stanley boats are Ontario made and may not be as available out West ? Did see the Wolf boats at the Vancouver Boat Show, look great. Anyone on the forum own one or know of someone who does ?? Given the price of aluminium, looks like I may be needing a second job or a large lottery win !!

Wow! Hard to tell quality from the photo but that's a lot more shell than you usually get for $21K... especially if the tank is already built in...

We've been looking at a new one for the Resort but I've decided this time we want to go with one of the ones from a know manufacturer as it will make getting it TC approved easier....

Challenge with buying one-offs is you never know how they are going to run until after you rig them out, but that is an awfully nice looking shell for 21K.....

Anybody want to give me $40K so I can buy it, dress it up and see how it runs??? I'd be grateful.... really!!!

We are running locally made welded aluminums as we got the hulls built before the cut-off date for homemade hulls but we have neighbours who are very happy with their Lifetimers and SilverStreaks. I was impressed with the SilverStreak pricing at the boat show, they were less than I was expecting, but still make a big dent in the bank account...

i would put a 150 -4 stroke on that boat with a 8hp four stroke
kicker to the tune of about another 18-20k:(
then you have a real boat !

I'm not a big fan of 4 strokes on anything under 20', they are just too damn heavy....

I'd go:
-150 Opti/cables/controls/smartguage $9K
-hydraulic steering $1.5K
-battery/box/iso switch/DC panel/lights/self park wipers/wire $1.5K
-pedestal chairs $1K
-welding for selfbailing scuppers & grab rails over front glass $.5K
-rubber deck matts & anti slip tape for gunnels/swim grid $.5K
-anchors, chain, rope $.6K
-elec downriggers $1K
-elec prawn puller $.6K
-radio/sonar/gpsmap $1.5K
-flares/safety gear/storage tubs $.75K

and I'd still have change left from $40K for a case of beer to celebrate her launch [8D] (okay I'm ignoring PST)

kicker comes in year 2 from year 1 revenues....we run inshore waters with lot's of neighbours with boats so a cell phone is a much cheaper year 1 option with a brand new outboard.... and kickers only get in the way when landing fish anyway :)

Back