Alberni

• Thread starter Thread starter Eagle Eyes
  • Start date Start date
E

Eagle Eyes

i hear there is now a commercial opening in the inlet?

if so this is quite disappointing for my upcoming trip...

anyway hows fishing been lately? and any tips for fishing after the commercials have hammered em? thanx

Lots of fish in the inlet up to china creek and a few good heavy ones being boated...only a few hits for me ... after an hour so moved out to Bamfield and beyond...only smaller springs and lots of coho ..about 40% clipped

drmiller

just wondering the best area to fish, ive heard lone tree and in is where the commercials will be, and i'm taking my uncle and his daughter out on wed, so hoping to hit some fish for them. I'm thinking up around franklin maybe?

I was out that way 2 weeks ago. sllooww. To add insult to injury, the natives are selling sockeye $10 a piece. Better to drive out to Tofino. Big springs were at Wilf Rock .

hate to be a begger but whered u find em? (PM me if u want) I also heard that the commercials hammered em "gutting all day long" my buddy said. picked up a new "triple glow" b-2 squid today might try first thing in the morning...

thanx RVP, I also like to try a full size hootchie in sockeye colours, often it seems to work a little better for me.

was up for 4 mornings and 3 afternoons out of china creek this week, 16 fish on 7 in the boat between 22-30 pounds. 3 double headers, but ,most of our fish were wed-thurs, fri-sat was very slow for most boats we saw. mornings around frankin were the best, and afternoons around the slide were also good (hooked 6 one evening, 2 double headers). most fish on anchovy really shallow- 15-25 feet deep. saw a 44 taken on wed. good luck...

Back