Airmar P66 transducer wanted

Redfisher

Friend looking for a P66 for his new Lowrance Elite 9Ti. Nice gift for him but he needs a better transducer. Location central Vancouver Island. PM if you have one you would sell.

7 pin blue connector or the newer 9 pin on them?
would still work but have to use an an adapter cable....
have a spare blue 7 pin clean but used $120 + shipping cost

7 pin blue connector or the newer 9 pin on them?
would still work but have to use an an adapter cable....
have a spare blue 7 pin clean but used $120 + shipping cost
Getting him to send me a photo of his unit but it’s new so I suspect whatever is new

Tm150 would be another nice option....
Yes it might be but I suspect I may not see one on here at a price point that works for my buddy hence the P66 request. Also with the Tm150 only putting out 300watts I wonder how it works at depths over 200'?

Sometimes "gifts" end up costing you mote than you want. His new one came with the Lowrance Totalscan transducer but they only put out 250watts. The 600watts that the P66 puts out is much better in my experince at showing bait when fishing deep.

If someone has working knowledge of the capabilities of the Lowrance Totalscan please throw your input in. We may have to mount it for now if nothing else shows up.

I have a totalscan and a tm150, and have had a 70/200/455/800. I've had a bird chirp xducer on a helix 9g2 as well. The tm150 gave the best images regardless of depth. Cant speak to the p66 as I've never owned one. From what I've seen however chirp seems to beat fixed frequency ever time.

Getting into the science of it.. output power is only half the equation, sensitivity is the other.

Cheers,

told redfish about the TM165 h wide and better for finding fish in the water column
over on the THT forums has some of the best advise ....

Back