Advice from the mechanics_blown engine

would you expect it to be noticeable running the car with those #'s?
probably not 130 is still enough to create enough vacuum to draw in a proper mix of fuel/air and then fire. The rings may not be getting a good seal due to cylinder scouring.. Did they check the old oil filter for metal shavings? With 3 cylinders effected it could be that something broke and went through the engine.

Are you dealing with a dealership?

Are you a regular customer? If so do you deal with the same service rep when you go in?

Do you have service records on the vehicle?

All these will help you..... (usually!)

My guess would be they put the wrong plugs in and they hit the pistons
A lot of the new engines don’t have a lot of clearance for the plugs and if you can verify the plugs that were put in were the right ones

Not saying this is your problem but had a similar problem with wife’s car ram good one day next running like s#%t. Off to dealership and they worked on that thing trying this and that costing so much money and still no better. I looked at it in my driveway didn’t take me long to find out rats chewed on the wiring harness got that fixed and ran like a top once again.

I was driving a tow truck during break up one spring in Prince George and was called out to an older gentleman that had an engine quit on him after an engine service at a well known nation wide chain and when I arrived I hooked up and got it off the road and checked the oil was Nothing on the dipstick and had to take it back to the same shop as per the account that provided the free tow
At the shop was met by the manager who took the gentleman into the waiting area while the shop technician started to dump oil in the crankcase as I was just the driver I couldn’t get involved and felt horrible for the customer and had explained he would probably have to go to court over the damages but wasn’t able to follow up with the customer due to being an outside contractor with no contact info
I believe stuff like this happens regularly
Not saying this is the issue but could be a factor either way your only recourse is usually the court system and you’d be surprised what a negative social media campaign can accomplish
Wish you great success in addressing the situation

I was driving a tow truck during break up one spring in Prince George and was called out to an older gentleman that had an engine quit on him after an engine service at a well known nation wide chain and when I arrived I hooked up and got it off the road and checked the oil was Nothing on the dipstick and had to take it back to the same shop as per the account that provided the free tow
At the shop was met by the manager who took the gentleman into the waiting area while the shop technician started to dump oil in the crankcase as I was just the driver I couldn’t get involved and felt horrible for the customer and had explained he would probably have to go to court over the damages but wasn’t able to follow up with the customer due to being an outside contractor with no contact info
I believe stuff like this happens regularly
Not saying this is the issue but could be a factor either way your only recourse is usually the court system and you’d be surprised what a negative social media campaign can accomplish
Wish you great success in addressing the situation
This is brutal and it drives me crazy knowing people like this can be in business, everyone makes mistakes! The people that can admit they’ve done wrong and do there best to fix it will always have my business! Sorry you even had to witness this!

Back