A new toy

• Thread starter Thread starter Tanglefoot
  • Start date Start date
T

Tanglefoot

I just bought a Lowrance LMS-525C DF Fish finder sonar/Mapping GPS[8D] It's a virgin as I've not had the boat in the water yet this year. I'm still busy drilling holes in my boat to accommodate all the friggin wires:(

A bit late now (I own the sucker) but I'd like a little feed-back from anyone who uses this unit.

Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom - Sorry to say but you are just going to hate that unit.... best thing to do is just collect up all the bits and peices and put it in the mail to me.

:D

It's a newer model but it is replacing a unit that has had lot's of good feedback on the board, but you'll still hate it so should put it in a box and mail it to me.

:D

Hi Tom I believe the 525 is the same as the old lms 335c d/f. I have used mine for about 4 years and it has been great. The only problem i had was the antenna crapped out after 1.5 years. Raur Electronics replaced it free of charge. If you want to learn more about how to use it, go to Lowrance site they have an online tutorial.

Dan

My antenna recently bit the dust, too. At first, it was an intermittent problem, so when I sent the unit in to Lowrance in Ontario (Rauer has retired and there's no-one in Vancouver who's up to speed on the units yet), they could find nothing wrong. It seemed the more effort I put into trying to solve the problem, the longer the unit would function before expiring :(. I finally isolated the problem by switching the components around with a buddy's who has thwe same unit. Anyway, Lawren, the customer service guy at Lowrance, sent a new antenna and cable free of charge (my unit is 4 years old and well out of warranty) I spoke with him on a Wednesday at noon and the UPS truck pulled up in front of the house at 10 AM the next day. He even included a free shipping label to return the defective antenna. Great service!!!

He also spent at least 1/2 an hour answering a number of questions that had been stumping me over the years. A real bonus to be able to have the unit working in front of you while you ask the questions.

Mine is the 330c DF, an even earlier model, and I have loved it since the day I got it. Based on my experience, I'll go Lowrance from now on.

Back