31 Bertram/ 32 Blackfin

Both are considered higher-end sportfishing cruisers I believe....I want to say the Blackfin is popular in California, but i think I'm thinking of Blackman boats....also very sweet. Alot of Bertrams from the 70s and 80s kicking around. The newer stuff comes with a pretty hefty price tag....of course, depending who you are lol. (everyone but the 2%'ers!)

I fished on a 31' Bertram, beautiful boat.
It was an older model completely refinished.
The only drawback were the 2- big block gas suckers.
Diesels would have made that boat.

I've spent quiet a few hours on both a 28' and a 31' foot Bertram, not offshore though. They handled pretty rough chop no problem from my experience. You see hundreds of them in mexico rigged up for offshore fishing. Beautiful boats with a nice dancefloor for playing fish. Oh and very nice for catching salmon as well ;)

I have fished aboard both in Cabo, both had diesels and were great boats. I liked the ride of the blackfin in a big following sea a bit better but both hulls performed well and raised billfish

That's the one i fished from, it used to be owned by Ken Moyes
who ran it out of the Oak bay marina years go.

28_thumb.jpg

Scott that is one of my all time favorite boats !!!! I think it was called sweet pursuit wasn't it?
Kenny is a crazy man! Lol

Scott that is one of my all time favorite boats !!!! I think it was called sweet pursuit wasn't it?
Kenny is a crazy man! Lol

You know Kenny eh Trev ?
Last time i saw him, he was still partying hard at 70+ years old
he's one of the funniest guys I've ever fished with. :)

I saw a 32 Blackfin anchored at Tree Island near Ladysmith last year and it looked like the owners used it as a cruiser. She looked like she would have rather been fishing the wreck.

Back