3 Foodsavers and lots of bags

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
Bought a chamber sealer at 8am this morning hoping I am doing the right thing.

Got 3 Working Foodsavers I own 3 as to never beat on them I set them all up and go to work with my catch.

Got 2 V2840's and one V2490.

I know the 2840's still retail for about $189 so I like to ask $100each for them and the V2490 $40. All units tested today with another forum member who bought one of the 2840's

All vac. bags have been sold.

Please PM if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be interested in the other "better" unit, but live in Victoria. I don't suppose you ever make it down this way? I've always wanted a chamber sealer, but they are serious bucks. What did you get?

I will send you a PM but until spoken for units are still up for sale.

I bought a VacMaster VP215 it already on this side of the border. $874. Got 1000 4 mil 10X16 bags and 100 retort canning bags. Can't wait to start playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey FA, when you use the retort canning bags make sure you post how things turn out. I assume they will be cheaper to use than the glass jars method. Thanks

They are about 50 cents each which is OK.... You need to have a double seal unit like the VP215 is. The ease of just sliding smoked salmon in rather then packing in jars is such a great idea. Can't wait to give it ago. Just need to figure out away to get some fish.......

Back