2359 Trophy Pro

tains

Crew Member
Looking at the 2359 Trophy and was wondering if any one in the mid Island owns one that I could come check out to see what they are like?

I ran a few charters out of one and it was actually a great boat. They handle the water well and are a nice platform to fish from. The only issues were mainly personal preference, I am not a big fan of closed cabins or inboards.

I have one. I like the closed cabin, especially this time of year. They handle the rough water pretty good. The are very comfortable for a couple people for extended trips and four people can manage for a day trip. Wife likes having a toilet but she now would prefer have a bigger boat with a separate enclosed head. We have been on the boat for extended periods and survived just fine. Some of the cons of the boat are that the motor is confined to a very tight space and even an oil change is a challenge. I will be installing the remote filter kit for mine this winter. When I got mine I was on a fixed budget as the wife had never boated before. All she cared about was having a toilet. So I was looking for a boat that would be as confortable as possible within a limited budget. Yes I would have prefered a 24' Seasport but for the money it is a decent boat. The wife is convinced that boating is a lifestyle that she wants to continue and has come down with six footitis. That will have to be a five year plan. LOL For fishing trips and weekend getaways the boat will not disappoint you. There are better boats out there but don't overlook the trophy. For the money it is decent. The drivers seat in mine will be upgraded soon as for extended trips it gets uncomfortable after a while. We have upgraded from an ice box to a refrigerator. The cushions in the cuddy are marginal for sleeping. Any other questions PM me and I will help if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. I to like the enclosed cabin for the winter trips.

Best layout in a boat of its size if you want enclosed cabin. Best value for what you get by far. I have a 2007 not sure about the older models. Super super comfortable. I fished my bros boat and its the normal fishing layout 2052 with my wife and kid and another 2 kids and it was not comfortable for the family at all.

I have a 2008 2359 Trophy Pro. It's in vancouver so I likely can't help with your request for a viewing but am happy to answer any questions I can. I really like the boat and think that it's a great boat for the price. I would highly recommend the 5.0L MPI (fuel injected 260hp) with fresh water cooling. All the 5.0L MPI engines also come with the Bravo 3. It's a difficult combo to find but is well worth a little extra cash up front. The 5.0L and 5.7L carb engines come in at 200hp and 250hp and are usually paired with the alpha 1.

Hey Blue you have the green one that was at M and P ? x2 on bravo and 5l but mine blew up cause of a faulty gas cap and after a month long battle they covered under warranty but I up grated to 5.7l sea core freakin great.SO much power .

CCB - The boat is in Port Moody and is all white with a dark undercoat. Luckly the previous owner went through the gas cap issue without any major damage. Is that 5.7L fuel injected? How many hp? I find the 5.0L MPI/Bravo 3 has enough power but a little extra never hurts!

CCB - The boat is in Port Moody and is all white with a dark undercoat. Luckly the previous owner went through the gas cap issue without any major damage. Is that 5.7L fuel injected? How many hp? I find the 5.0L MPI/Bravo 3 has enough power but a little extra never hurts!

Yup fuel injected and I don't use the power unless climbing swells with full lockers and 5 people in the boat then you really notice the difference. I cruze at 26mh going 3800rpm. If you ever upgrade motors put the 5.7 seacore as you could not order it with it. It's a heavy boat with full water and waste and gear and everything. It's a huge difference and well worth the extra. If you only use your boat locally then it's no big deal. But the heavier load and smaller motor just means more strain thats all. I think I seem you pulling around tubes up Indian arm before.

CCB - The boat is in Port Moody and is all white with a dark undercoat. Luckly the previous owner went through the gas cap issue without any major damage. Is that 5.7L fuel injected? How many hp? I find the 5.0L MPI/Bravo 3 has enough power but a little extra never hurts! I also made a mistake in my previous post...the 5.0L carb engine is 220hp not 200hp.

Hey Blue you have the green one that was at M and P ? x2 on bravo and 5l but mine blew up cause of a faulty gas cap and after a month long battle they covered under warranty but I up grated to 5.7l sea core freakin great.SO much power .

May have been my 07 with the 5.7 alpha one you saw at m&p. I to had the fuel cap issue which took a long time to resolve, what was the story with your motor blowing up. I had major water in the tanks that overrun my carb several times leaving me without power on the water. Been fixed for over a year now just had my distributer go. Boat runs better then ever now with the new one. Interested to hear what went down with your boat, also what length kicker you running?. I agree with your post love the boat.

Back