Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning our first trip to Port Hardy for mid-July (hopefully to become an annual trip). Will be towing a 25' boat. Any recommendations for a place to stay and moorage? Thanks!

We have always rented a little cabin at Port Hardy RV Resort. Nice little cabins, perfect for two people. They have a bunch so if the group is bigger it's easy enough to get a couple. Prices are reasonable and they have always been clean. Nothing fancy but they have everything you need. No full kitchen but BBQ on site and small fridge and a microwave. We just get a slip at the marina for the week and spots for the trailer on site at the cabin.

My buddy is trying to convince me to fish Port Hardy the last week of July.
Does anyone have any expectations about the regulations at this time?

My buddy is trying to convince me to fish Port Hardy the last week of July.
Does anyone have any expectations about the regulations at this time?
Depending on boat size and weather you can just about expect to do what everyone else there does at that time and head over to 11-2, 11- 1 or 111

So most people head offshore then?

So most people head offshore then?
11-1 does dip down all along the north side of Hope Island. 111 runs very close to shore amd touches up at Cape Sutil and runs just offshore takes in some nice structure. But yes most by then are running over to the mainland edge of 11-2. I have friends and family fishing those grounds for a few years now and do very well. Shouldn’t be hard to follow the guide fleet over and spot the holes.

Couple of fish that came out of those grounds late last July.

Attachments

• 2AF63FA2-381F-4C50-949A-1F4A6A2B5452.jpeg
    2AF63FA2-381F-4C50-949A-1F4A6A2B5452.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 169
  • 846C994F-BC07-4E22-99B9-C32325BA8D56.jpeg
    846C994F-BC07-4E22-99B9-C32325BA8D56.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
11-1 does dip down all along the north side of Hope Island. 111 runs very close to shore amd touches up at Cape Sutil and runs just offshore takes in some nice structure. But yes most by then are running over to the mainland edge of 11-2. I have friends and family fishing those grounds for a few years now and do very well. Shouldn’t be hard to follow the guide fleet over and spot the holes.

Those pictures are making my decision easier. Thank you .

Gotcha, thank you for the prompt response!
I was starting to allow myself some pre-season excitement this week in planning the trip.
Almost burst a gasket reading "additional fishery restrictions"

I believe 11-3 to 11-10 are all inside Seymour and Belize inlets. No one I know fishes in there. The guide fleet would lose it if they close Sutil or Bremner.

Last edited:
Has anyone had trouble finding trailer parking in Port Hardy in August? I'm planning a long overdue return trip to Rivers Inlet in August. I'm aware of weekly parking near boat ramp and a local business that offers parking. But both are first come first serve. Should i be worried?

It's a long way to travel only to scramble for parking at last minute. I'd prefer to have something reserved. PM me if you have any suggestions. Tight lines!

I'd look for a private option maybe a local Fakebook group there's lots of parking in PH.

Behind the post office is almost a city block that just sits empty 99% of the time and it's paved.

Hey that’s a nice fish, must’ve had a good guide 😜

Has anyone had trouble finding trailer parking in Port Hardy in August? I'm planning a long overdue return trip to Rivers Inlet in August. I'm aware of weekly parking near boat ramp and a local business that offers parking. But both are first come first serve. Should i be worried?

It's a long way to travel only to scramble for parking at last minute. I'd prefer to have something reserved. PM me if you have any suggestions. Tight lines!
I've switched to launching from McNeill. The hardware store has secure parking for reasonable cost. I find it's a more convenient place to operate out of. Hardy is kind of spread out, I've never had much luck figuring out secure parking there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back