2022 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that we will be coming up for whichever tuna event happens next year. It would be nice to not use up 10 days of leave though. How long is the bamfield one?
There is 3 or 4 places available to stay at.. we usually bring ice in with us this year ...On down day we ran to ukee grab fuel and all the ice we need...PM if you need options

Thanks to Jerry and all those that put on a great tournament for the Bamfield shootout.

From the first night meet and greet you could tell it was going to be a great time. They had lots of great food and plenty of refreshments.

This was our first time in the derby and we were very impressed with the amount of people that came up to us and welcomed us and gave all kinds of advice.

We received many offers to join them for the trip out in the morning and to share information on the radio.

We have fished Tuna out of Nootka many times with no one sharing info like that.

We left at 0315 Saturday morning and once we got out of the harbor we had the moon as a guiding light all the way out.

We waited until we hit 61 degrees and then you could see all kinds of jumpers. Out the gear went and within seconds fish on.

It was a great day and we finished at 1530 with the coolers full and headed for Bamfield.

The next two days were spent cleaning fish and the boat as it was to rough to go offshore.

The weather changed and it was very nice the last four days.

Thanks to my crew for sticking it out as I had to leave to attend my retirement party in Nanaimo after 33 years as a Paramedic.

The Water Walker crew of Brigham, Dave and Dwayne got the job done winning the tournament by less than a pound.

Congratulations to all the other boats and crew.

View attachment 85639

View attachment 85640
Congrates on the win gentlemen :)

D60460C8-E646-4DAF-97BD-5E4675907770.jpegOur crew for our PV trip picked this up yesterday morning while transiting the vessel from Cabo - PV , doubled up on fish this size live baiting with some skipjack in a massive porpoise school . Landed this one ( 250++) and shook the other . Very encouraging , first group is in Sunday , and I land on the 31st. Cannot waitD60460C8-E646-4DAF-97BD-5E4675907770.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back