2022 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some good chats with the guys/gals working the river when i came in the other day, slow for them, 1 boat was maybe getting 8 fish a set...still early yet, all very friendly and had some good bantering going back and forth, had some good laughs with the group chilling on the outside dock waiting for better incoming tide.

Has anyone heard or have any idea of the predicted sockeye returns to Alberni this year? Any info would be appreciated. Thanx........C.A.

Has anyone heard or have any idea of the predicted sockeye returns to Alberni this year? Any info would be appreciated. Thanx........C.A.
heard on the radio, forecast was low for this year, in 2018 it opened for a while, then closed in june sometime, i talked with a DFO guy and he said one of the lakes(great central I think) wasn't getting enough returning, but Sproat was doing good. i kind of expect similar this year??? who knows.

heard on the radio, forecast was low for this year, in 2018 it opened for a while, then closed in june sometime, i talked with a DFO guy and he said one of the lakes(great central I think) wasn't getting enough returning
And the few fish returning are already having to squeeze past the gillnets strung across the river.

Taking family staying at China Creek Campground from June 19 to 25th to mainly fish for sockeye. If the sockeye is closed, what other options would you suggest we have? Is going to Bamfield and fishing for chinook and bottom fish the only option? Tkx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back